So what did you do with your truck today?

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I volunteered at a county fair with the bronco pulling dead cars off the track and it did great. Pulled cars in third gear np205 in low with zero gas once rolling.

Also went across the scales.
You must be registered for see images attach

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Old E4OD is out.

I’ll put the new one in tomorrow. Gonna go wash up, eat dinner, and waste the rest of the evening.

Very uneventful trip, everything went perfect.

That dump truck starts really good, spins over so fast, I don’t think I have ever seen any engine spin that fast while cranking…

Dump bed works pretty slick.

Needs a little TLC but I probably won’t use this truck too much so it won’t see the same kind of improvements as my service truck, this just needs to set and be ready to run when I need it.

My first automatic by the way… have had a parts truck with a C6 and am working on a C6 6.9 truck for a guy… but this will be the first automatic to belong to me that I’ll actually use

Have a property related project this winter, that’s when I need this dump truck.

Depending on how much I use it, which I doubt is much, after a while I might sell this thing. But will probably be a couple years before then. And well, by then things could have changed and I may keep it around practically indefinitely.
Off topic a bit. Is that a sliding barn door where you have the dump truck pulled in? Only asking because I'm threatening to do that on the back "carport" part of my shop once I enclose it. If so, how did you do it?

KansasIDI

I hate printers
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and it looks like this new transmission has a shallow filter and deep pan… also the Carquest morons got me a shallow filter… even though I specified deep pan, but I went and got parts prior to getting the truck and new trans. The old transmission has a deep filter and deep pan, which I would assume is how it’s supposed to be.

I don’t know if it would harm anything to have the shallow filter, as long as you had enough ATF to keep it from sucking air, but I’m probably gonna drive a couple hours to go get a deep filter just the same… argh…

The auxiliary transmission cooler is almost as tall and is as wide as the radiator… I’ve never seen one so big…

Last edited:

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Oh and it looks like this new transmission has a shallow filter and deep pan… also the Carquest morons got me a shallow filter… even though I specified deep pan, but I went and got parts prior to getting the truck and new trans. The old transmission has a deep filter and deep pan, which I would assume is how it’s supposed to be.

I don’t know if it would harm anything to have the shallow filter, as long as you had enough ATF to keep it from sucking air, but I’m probably gonna drive a couple hours to go get a deep filter just the same… argh…

The auxiliary transmission cooler is almost as tall and is as wide as the radiator… I’ve never seen one so big…
I think filter is different based on if its 4x4 or 2x4, deeper filter/pan for 4x4. Sounds like someone in the past didnt know either.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a 50x80 that was built before I existed… and it’s not insulated…

If I had to back outta that building I would pray that I would have the presence of mind to not stab the gas pedal and then cut the wheel without reminding myself of that tree back there...and...also pray that the pedal and linkage not stick in the WFO position....

I mean...shade is good and trees are needed to calm the soul...but like most things...ya just gotta have situational awareness to get by in life...

Nice looking shop, by the way...did you ever set upright that blown-over tool box...?

KansasIDI

I hate printers
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I had to back outta that building I would pray that I would have the presence of mind to not stab the gas pedal and then cut the wheel without reminding myself of that tree back there...and...also pray that the pedal and linkage not stick in the WFO position....

I mean...shade is good and trees are needed to calm the soul...but like most things...ya just gotta have situational awareness to get by in life...

Nice looking shop, by the way...did you ever set upright that blown-over tool box...?
Yes, the toolbox has been righted… into the dumpster. Rust, rot and neglect has taken its toll and only one drawer functioned as it should. I got it at a farm auction with a bunch of other toolboxes for $7 so no big deal.

There is a door on the west side of the building, that is much more accessible, I use it for vehicles which I frequently drive. The picture is of the south side. There is also a door on the east side but is blocked by farm equipment. North side is a steep slope that goes down to the creek.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is beautiful!!! I've been through Kansas before but I truly never realized it had so much grass and trees. You are blessed.
That's pretty much all eastern Kansas is.

Where I'm at we have lots of sand also, and it seems like we grow rocks better than grass.

James

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
That is beautiful!!! I've been through Kansas before but I truly never realized it had so much grass and trees. You are blessed.

Really, only about 20-25% of Kansas is pretty flat and without many trees. Most people don't realize that because all they can remember is the western half of I 70 which does show the flat and fairly treeless part. Most people wouldn't believe me that these picture were taken in Kansas, but they were.

Attachments

• 102_3618.JPG
    102_3618.JPG
    421.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 102_3627.JPG
    102_3627.JPG
    494.2 KB · Views: 5

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Where I'm at we have lots of sand also, and it seems like we grow rocks better than grass.

James
Really, only about 20-25% of Kansas is pretty flat and without many trees. Most people don't realize that because all they can remember is the western half of I 70 which does show the flat and fairly treeless part. Most people wouldn't believe me that these picture were taken in Kansas, but they were.
I had no idea. Apparently my exploration of the country wasn't as involved as it should have been. How beautiful.