Truck died when switching gears, can’t figure out why!

KansasIDI

I hate printers
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea that makes sense, I think tomorrow I’m going to drop the rear tank and run a new line, I also am looking at picking up a new IP and want to check options before I lose hope on mine.

Anyone have any good feedback on where to purchase a new IP, pricing is kind of all over the place & with this 6.9 it does have a turbo, idk if that changes anything when buying a new one.
Oct 23 I got a Moose pump, I had it on my 86 and had no problems with it

June 24 I ordered a Moose pump for my 91, planning on installing it this weekend, along with an intercooler.

Kingralph88

Reaction score
Very nice, good to hear thank you.

I may not need a new pump after all..

Update: Left Diesel Klean in a new fuel filter soaking the IP (60% Additive 40% fuel) all afternoon yesterday until 10am today, also gave a nice oil change. Went to turn the key and she turned over so nicely, 0 struggle the engine sounded new. Popped the hood and everything was running perfectly. Took her out for a spin to really push some fuel through and loses things up, no stalling, no diving of rpm’s or power. Seems like it’s running great! I’m happy about it & I know 128k miles is maybe right at new injectors for pretty normal wear and tear (especially being 39 years old). I pulled the rear fuel tank and thinking of getting a 39 gal.

I never did check my lift pump pressure either..

Kingralph88

Reaction score
Yea I ran her about 100 miles today and also dropped the rear tank earlier.

She’s running actually really nicely, I’m certain something got gummed up and finally broke loose. I do think it’s a good idea to keep some diesel Klean in the fuel for a while, maybe next 5-6 fill ups.

I didn’t know anything about this truck until i joined here and started asking and reading, super helpful Nero much appreciated! I’m going to keep you guys updated on how she’s running going forward!