So what did you do with your truck today?

divemaster5734

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't roll in until Saturday afternoon, about two hours before the big raffles.
Several winners weren't three anymore and new winners were called.
It was only a two day event and winding down, with some pretty decent discounts offered by vendors.
All that said, there were possibly 300 attendees left.
Honestly, I went there to network with other Centurion guys.
No C350's were present, but I did make a connection with a guy from CP that has some of the Centurion factory frame modifications engineering pages, and several of the wiring diagrams.
Which is a win, because they never made a C350 manual, and while the engine is factory, every harness was modified from F350 and they didn't use the Bronco's wire colors, splice or fuse locations, grafted the canopy after cutting out the entire back of the crew cab, and custom stretched the frame with raw steel, which is why everything is rusted.
I've been trying to clean up the wiring in my truck, but with all the manuals I have being useless, it's been a nightmare.
I discovered the tank selector switch buried at the inside firewall, tapped to the rear position with cheap electrical tape when I deleted the e4od and installed a zf.
Would have never known it existed without doing the swap.
They used the spot that switch was mounted for the rear window power.
Was hoping to win the complete hydro kit, but unlike a lot of others, I only purchased one ticket.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heritage Park, isn`t that in Brooks, Or. where the Museum is located?
We were there on Thursday with my Daughter and family, actually heard
about a car show, was maybe 15 there. Street Rods.
Then went next door to Salem to In N Out Burger.

Dang went right by the park on Saturday around noon time heading back
home to Nevada.
Did you guys get hit with the Rain Storm? My son in law said there was to
be a Thunderstorm. Got up in the morning and must have sprinkled in the
night, but dried up when the sun came up.

Drove south down to Albany and fuel`d up. Then down a way`s on I-5
turned off onto Hwy 58 towards Klamath Falls, Susanville and Reno.
The sky opened up and was like a cloud burst for miles, Wipers had a hard
time taking the water off. Had rain for 60 miles.
I knew there was a reason I replaced the sun baked old wipers for new one`s
before we left on the trip.

SIL said it hit them later and they lost power.

Goat

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Hauled a couple more truckloads of wood this weekend. Probably sitting on ~6 cords unsplit currently. Might have another 8 truckloads at the current worksite to move.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

divemaster5734

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heritage Park, isn`t that in Brooks, Or. where the Museum is located?
We were there on Thursday with my Daughter and family, actually heard
about a car show, was maybe 15 there. Street Rods.
Then went next door to Salem to In N Out Burger.

Dang went right by the park on Saturday around noon time heading back
home to Nevada.
Did you guys get hit with the Rain Storm? My son in law said there was to
be a Thunderstorm. Got up in the morning and must have sprinkled in the
night, but dried up when the sun came up.

Drove south down to Albany and fuel`d up. Then down a way`s on I-5
turned off onto Hwy 58 towards Klamath Falls, Susanville and Reno.
The sky opened up and was like a cloud burst for miles, Wipers had a hard
time taking the water off. Had rain for 60 miles.
I knew there was a reason I replaced the sun baked old wipers for new one`s
before we left on the trip.

SIL said it hit them later and they lost power.

Goat
The thunder sounded like a bunch of fireworks back to back, with some pretty good lightning.
Was going to take the road bike, then asked the hotel about the weather out there and they said it was about to get bad.
Glad I listened.
Left the car show, got the room in Salem, then went to visit mom about 30 miles away when it hit.
Shook the truck with side winds and driving rain.
Then by morning was sunshine for the early drive home, only to get hit by a random t storm here yesterday afternoon when out on a quick ride.
sheesh..

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Hauled a couple more truckloads of wood this weekend. Probably sitting on ~6 cords unsplit currently. Might have another 8 truckloads at the current worksite to move.
Boy. That's impressive to me. I've probably got at least 3 cords and I wouldn't have to cut any more this winter. Of course, you can never tell what I might do when it comes to cutting wood.
I know that I'm supposed to help my friend who lives about 100 miles away cut some more of his trees down. He has three houses and wants to get the two that he doesn't live in ready to rent. He wants the trees around them gone. I told him that we'd get them cut down and into small enough pieces that he can get rid of them. I may take some more, I may not.

rreegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, waiting for a tow home…..

I had sporadic click-no-start issues in the spring and they basically went away all summer. Arrived at a customers house today and the truck wouldn’t start at all when trying to repark. So I worked all day and hoped it’d sort itself out but no dice.
No biggie, I’ve been meaning to do some work on the starter or just replace it but it has been working lately so haven’t bothered. This is a nice kick in the harse.
Have roadside assistance with the auto policy and very lucky to only be working about 12 miles from home today. Am often like a 2 hour drive from home.

Also lucky to not have a trailer today! Silver lining.

I’d normally try to wrench on things but don’t have sockets (have an air compressor and nail guns though). Only have wrenches but after waking up at 5 would rather just call a tow.

This is just what’s going on with the truck today and not a technical or fix it post. I have a thread about the no start condition and will update that later.

I’ve never pushed started the idi and have done it a lot in other vehicles in the past. But there’s still kids running around and it just doesn’t seem like the right option. My opinion is I could probably get it running but.. why pay for insurance if ya ain’t gonna use it?

rreegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It started right up after the tow so.. guess it’s still sporadic rather than total failure. My hunch is oil has gotten on the grounding/mating surface of the starter

tradergem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first time I had a intermitant start no start problem with my truck it was because the brushes in the starter were worne out. I replaced them and everything was fine then. The second time I found the ignition switch on my steering column had started to come apart and preventing the starter solenoid from getting power. I replaced it and all was good again. The third time the solenoid on the starter itself was bad. I replace that and all was good again.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@rreegg it has been a while since your thread about this issue so I have forgotten what all has been tried. Have you tried jumping the 2 large posts on the fender mounted solenoid when it doesn't start?

James

rreegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@rreegg it has been a while since your thread about this issue so I have forgotten what all has been tried. Have you tried jumping the 2 large posts on the fender mounted solenoid when it doesn't start?

James
Yeah, tried to bridge the fender mounted solenoid and there was no starting action. This is what has happened in the past but previously the truck would end up starting again after trying/waiting a bit.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, tried to bridge the fender mounted solenoid and there was no starting action. This is what has happened in the past but previously the truck would end up starting again after trying/waiting a bit.
I thought I remembered that being tried but couldn't remember for sure.

James

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Today, I got to have "fun". Yesterday evening, as I was driving back into town on the dirt road bypass for the bridge that's under construction, along the very washboarded part, all of a sudden, I heard a really loud clacking?, banging? sound. I knew right away that it was my arch nemesis brake caliper. AGAIN! That was ok because I was smart the last time and I ordered two of the retainers that like to disappear on me. After work, I jacked up the front of the truck and removed the tire. I got out the new retainer sand opened them up only to find out that they wouldn't slide between the caliper and mounting bracket. Apparently, Rock Auto sent me some for a 1/2 ton. :frustrate So now what? Well I decided to put the tire back on and drive the two block to work to try to fab up something. Long story short, two hours later, I had cut both apart, widened them ( they were too narrow), welded them together in a very ugly way, and got the contraption to work. No pictures because I was too focused on cobbling together a bracket. Maybe I'll remember when I replace it with the right parts again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emsbau

Members online