So what did you do with your truck today?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Pulled down my spare to install my shiny new dually spare...only to find out it is a Chevy dually rim, not a ford one... Correct offset, lug pattern and size... except the center hole is too small! So there goes $125 I'll struggle to get back... And I still need another rim.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled down my spare to install my shiny new dually spare...only to find out it is a Chevy dually rim, not a ford one... Correct offset, lug pattern and size... except the center hole is too small! So there goes $125 I'll struggle to get back... And I still need another rim.
....these are the times that try men's souls.....

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shiny new dually spare...only to find out it is a Chevy dually rim, not a ford one... Correct offset, lug pattern and size... except the center hole is too small!
Years ago I had a wrecking yard man tell me about that little gem...

He told me to 'grind it out to fit'....I declined....just didn't seem right...

divemaster5734

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Due solely to my general ignorance of dually's, why wouldn't that be used as an inside tire?
Is it structural, if I recall there's a lip on it, or just appearance?
That aside, it would defiantly take a minute to grind it out.
I'd take a cutting wheel and try to make a proportional octagon, and then hide the probable result if I couldn't talk some tire store into a partial discount.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Due solely to my general ignorance of dually's, why wouldn't that be used as an inside tire?
Is it structural, if I recall there's a lip on it, or just appearance?
That aside, it would defiantly take a minute to grind it out.
I'd take a cutting wheel and try to make a proportional octagon, and then hide the probable result if I couldn't talk some tire store into a partial discount.
Cause let's be real, if you're on the side of the road and a steer tire goes out, I'm not going to take the time to jack up the rear, put the spare on an inner dual, torque it, then move free tire to the front axle. All while cars are zipping by at mach 5 trying to speed to the next red light.
Reason why the center hole is so important is because it is what centers the rim to the hub. SRW setups sort of use it, but the lug nuts really center it with the acorn lugs.

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Cause let's be real, if you're on the side of the road and a steer tire goes out, I'm not going to take the time to jack up the rear, put the spare on an inner dual, torque it, then move free tire to the front axle. All while cars are zipping by at mach 5 trying to speed to the next red light.
Reason why the center hole is so important is because it is what centers the rim to the hub. SRW setups sort of use it, but the lug nuts really center it with the acorn lugs.
Hm, I dont think I ever paid much attention to my superduty wheels, are they not chamfered? They have large bell shaped washers under the nuts on mine.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Yours is dually though, right? You'd have the flat lug nuts with the swivel washer. Those rims are centered by the wheel hub, same as a dually f350.
Singe wheel setups all use tapered lug nuts, and the wheel is centered on the studs by the lug nuts.

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Yours is dually though, right? You'd have the flat lug nuts with the swivel washer. Those rims are centered by the wheel hub, same as a dually f350.
Singe wheel setups all use tapered lug nuts, and the wheel is centered on the studs by the lug nuts.
Yeah dually. Been a while since I took the wheels off tbh, couldnt remember how theyre setup.

12pilgrim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought 2 new Duracell batteries from Sam's Club. Isn't it strange they were made in March '24 and have been draining on the shelf for 5 months? Anyways, have them on the trickle charger now.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Ironically, this morning I found someone who converts ford Rv's into 4X4s and and he was parting with the rims. Picked it up with a practically brand new Firestone Transforce on it for $50, got it home and sure as heck it fit the hubs!

Now I just gotta figure out how it mounts to the spare tire carrier....

Last edited:

tradergem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I by passed the heater core this morning so my recently upgraded a/c system cools the truck cab a little faster now. It's 109* now at 5pm Phoenix time and the a/c vent temp is now getting down to 60* driving around town. I realize it's not super cold but it's better than last month driving around with my windows down and no a/c and it was 118*-120*.

Kdo58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed my fuel system. My truck died yesterday while driving my Holley fuel pump quit running, come to find out it was my blade type fuse holder. I had mounted a facet fuel pump to use has my pre filter for the Holley, so I wired it up with a switch in the cab, for a back up fuel pump.
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 20240817_104535.jpg
    20240817_104535.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240817_104520.jpg
    20240817_104520.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 6

KansasIDI

I hate printers
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the transmission switched out in my dump truck.

Let’s just say that the computer does not really wanna party… now the fun games of E4OD wiring

The worst part is I have pretty much everything I would’ve needed to swap it to manual. Good grief I’m an idiot.

divemaster5734

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a couple new shirts.

And my new favorite

Was an awesome truck show.
Folks came from all over the US.
After hearing about some folks that drove from New Jersey I quit whining about the three hour drive for me.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a couple new shirts.

And my new favorite

Was an awesome truck show.
Folks came from all over the US.
After hearing about some folks that drove from New Jersey I quit whining about the three hour drive for me.
Wow people drove from NJ to Salem, OR?! Must have been one heck of a show. I like the second shirt especially LOL