my truck the squirrel mobile

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I actually have a bit to do with the eventual life of the Enterprise. Trav was looking to trade the 350gasser Cheby 4x4 he had on something else. He was living near Lafayette, IN at the time and he saw a 91 F350 CC 2wd Dualy at the Ford Dealer in Greenfield (My home town) and asked me to go take a look at the truck. I went over and looked it over, and took it for a test drive, and drove the he!! out of it. Drove it like a gasser, ******* the throttle, ******* the brakes to make it sure it was a good truck. I think the salesman in the passenger seat was a little uncomfortable during the test drive. I rolled in to the dealership is a smaller car, and I was driving this "huge" truck like a racecar. I have always driven big vehicles, but he didn't know that..... I wheeled it back into the dealer, told them thank you and I would be in touch with my buddy who is interested in the truck. As I was getting ready to turn around and head to the car, Trav pulled into the lot, asked me what I thought, and he took it home that night. Little did we know, that was the start of the saga that became the Enterprise...... now left to rot in the Kudzu........

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know all the pics of the nasty squirrel mobile. well i got tired of the dirt and grime and in the rain the other night i pulled it out of the barn and proceeded to scrub it down. no soap no hose just the pouring down rain and a scrub brush. here are a couple of pics of it clean. and NO travis you can't borrow it! i'm just about to get it back on the road and don't need any setbacks.

Attachments

• IMG00290.jpg
    IMG00290.jpg
    556.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG00291.jpg
    IMG00291.jpg
    491.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG00293.jpg
    IMG00293.jpg
    546.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG00292.jpg
    IMG00292.jpg
    547.6 KB · Views: 12

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
43 degrees this morning in the river bottoms, and i got the wise idea to make a video of the squirrel mobile starting. i was dressed for church and waiting on the rest of the fambily to get ready so i went out and opened the hood and gave her a little whiff of the no no juice in a spray can (no wiring harness = no glow plugs) and hit the remote start button attached to the starter sol on the fender. and she came to life..

why is this astounding? it only has one battery in it. a 600cca marine starting battery robbed from the boat.

i was supprised:thumbsup:

well i gotta get the video converted to a format that will work on the forum.

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the wiring harness today. Thanks Ben (sootman73). While changing the harness I'll be doing the headlight and running light mods. As well as heavier ga.cable to GP relay. Got a theory on the head light mod will post it up if I find it works.

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ron my internet right now consist of my blackberry. So only when I have time to find a wifi spot for the laptop can I add pics and vids. This sucks livin' in the boonies with NO high speed net.

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a large part of the harness in tonight. Still not finished though.
I thought I had enough of it in to start it from the cab. But no such luck. Would crank from cab but IP is not getting power to turn on the fuel. Gonna check part of the harness tomorrow.
I also found a couple of brn/wht wires cut in the 2 bulkhead connectors under the dash. Looked like a PO might have tried some mod and didn't know what he was doing. Installing 4ga cable in GP harness tomorrow and should be installing GP harness in truck thursday.
Still working on my mod to the headlight running light mod.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Ron my internet right now consist of my blackberry. So only when I have time to find a wifi spot for the laptop can I add pics and vids. This sucks livin' in the boonies with NO high speed net.

Ok I'll give ya that one. I agree, ************* suck for that purpose, got one too.;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two words

Satelite Internet.

LOL

Starting with either.... *cringe.....

I had the sound of overadvanced timing. *grits teeth.....

Probably won't have the courage to listen to it if you do post it. LOL

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Two words

Satelite Internet.

LOL

Starting with either.... *cringe.....

I had the sound of overadvanced timing. *grits teeth.....

Probably won't have the courage to listen to it if you do post it. LOL

Wassa matter Mel, not looking to acquire more pieces into the Moosetradamus Museum of Mystery and Mayhem??:sly

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well.. something like a "Jar O' Piston" might be an interesting addition. LOL

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Laugh it up guys that ain't a pair of jumper cables that's my Mac Tools jumpstart pack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLIMPICKENS73

Members online