my truck the squirrel mobile

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well got under the hood again tonight. And it was not good. Ran compression test on 6 of the 8 cyls. And here's the details. I believe that the front right cyl is #1 right with that in mind. #1 no reading #2 475 #3 450 #4 400 #5 450 #6 no reading #7 400 #8 450. These #s don't seem to bad to me the problem lies in #s 1 + 6. These 2 cyls had GPs that would not come out so I tightened them back up and left them for a later time. All of the plugs I removed were autolites so we all know what's wrong with plugs 1 + 6. Anyway put it all back together and went for a spin around the farm. Well 2 acres of it anyway. Got a few more pics of the squirrel mobile will try and get a couple of em posted tomorrow evening if I can get some laptop and wifi time. This blackberry internet gets me by but it not the real internet.

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody know if a harness out of an 89 will work in my 93.

sootman73

Reaction score
you do have a E4OD correct? it would be helpful if you would include the trans, 4x4 or 4x2, and axle gearing of the truck in your signature.

you need to make sure you have the wiring for that included in the harness. what parts of the harness do you need? i have a complete engine and truck harness i harvested from a blown up truck. out of a 92. would be a perfect fit for your truck

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Ben I got the E4OD. Just had a chance to get a 89 model harness locally. But I think the 89 harness likely will NOT work. The trans and all the accessories like cruise and the like are likely NOT the same. I posted a pic in this thread that shows the 2 firewall connectors of the harnesses I need the one in the pic to the right I believe is the trans harness and the one to the left the main harness to the front of the truck, the headlights wipers and etc. Just had some unexpected expenses here on the farm and money is tight. Wife says sell other toys to fix this toy but that don't happen overnight.

PowerbyFord

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a Z-71 sitting on top of the 89 in a pile of trucks, I will see if it has the right connectors tomorrow when I can get the hood open. I can get you the front end wiring no problem. I know of another truck with an E40d that I can get to I will see if it has the right harness also.

sootman73

Reaction score
Yeah Ben I got the E4OD. Just had a chance to get a 89 model harness locally. But I think the 89 harness likely will NOT work. The trans and all the accessories like cruise and the like are likely NOT the same. I posted a pic in this thread that shows the 2 firewall connectors of the harnesses I need the one in the pic to the right I believe is the trans harness and the one to the left the main harness to the front of the truck, the headlights wipers and etc. Just had some unexpected expenses here on the farm and money is tight. Wife says sell other toys to fix this toy but that don't happen overnight.

if it has the plug for the e4od(the right connector in your picture) it should work. the harness is all one peice though so you cant just add the trans harness to one without it.(without lots of wiring mods). 89 was the first year for the E4od but i'm not sure if they all had it. you have the connectors id'd right.

i know what ya mean about money tight being in college and working my way through...:puke:

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
more and better pics of the squirrel mobile. yeah she needs a bath but i'm more concerned with getting her running right at the moment.

Attachments

• IMG00281.jpg
    IMG00281.jpg
    626.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG00282.jpg
    IMG00282.jpg
    670.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG00283.jpg
    IMG00283.jpg
    670.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG00284.jpg
    IMG00284.jpg
    619.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG00285.jpg
    IMG00285.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG00286.jpg
    IMG00286.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 14

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Underneath all that grime and the chewed wiring is a damn fine looking diamond in the rough.;Sweet

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who's trav so I'll know who to avoid. Joking only. Need to borrow it just bring it back in better shape an full of fuel

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ben I was on the phone with oldmrbill earlier and he filled me in on trav. And the adventures of the enterprise.