Hybrid factory turbo collector to Banks turbo, ideas please.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
A handy dandy view of what a Banks gen1 looks like from the back when installed. Although this is a van specific kit, with a long snorkel connecting to a cylindrical k&n filter on a bracket up front just under the hood.

You must be registered for see images attach

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
A handy dandy view of what a Banks gen1 looks like from the back when installed. Although this is a van specific kit, with a long snorkel connecting to a cylindrical k&n filter on a bracket up front just under the hood.

You must be registered for see images attach
Ah the great part about vans, the access the doghouse allows for!

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Ah the great part about vans, the access the doghouse allows for!

Timing is nightmare though. A guy who was charging $50 (late 2020) at his shop near DFW, took all day to deal with timing the 85 E350 with ATS 085. I had asked him several times before hand, if he was sure it's $50 on a van, and he said yes.

After he was done, I asked "Will it ever be $50 again on a van chassis?" And he simply replied: "Nope."

Supposedly, the oil cooler is a bit less bad due to the tunnel, giving room. No need to jack up the engine etc.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Although, I think it should still do a little better with building boost sooner.
What RPM does the boost start to build? From what I remember, it doesn't start to build up very much until around 2300 RPM.
Supposedly, the oil cooler is a bit less bad due to the tunnel, giving room. No need to jack up the engine etc.
I think that vans also use the International oil cooler end caps that sit closer to the block as well.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
What RPM does the boost start to build? From what I remember, it doesn't start to build up very much until around 2300 RPM.

I think that vans also use the International oil cooler end caps that sit closer to the block as well.
Yup, 2000+ for sure. I can reach max by 2500 id say. Seems to flat line after that, at least with the level of fuel it's getting. With my driving style, im never really over 2500.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Yup, 2000+ for sure. I can reach max by 2500 id say. Seems to flat line after that, at least with the level of fuel it's getting. With my driving style, im never really over 2500.
That's perfectly normal for a non wastegated turbo. It should build boost at higher RPM though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan

Staff online