Strange coolant leak

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOOK AT ALL THE ROOM TO WORK ON THE ENGINE WITHOUT THAT DUMB RADIATOR IN THE WAY!!! :rotflmao
You must be registered for see images attach

But the FlowKooler is installed now. And seriously could they have made the A/C and power steering brackets any more convoluted?!? It literally doubles the time it takes to remove and install the water pump just to goof around with all that crap. Sheesh.
I have a FlowKooler on my 86, and plan on putting one on my 91 if I ever have the slightest of water pump issues…

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
And seriously could they have made the A/C and power steering brackets any more convoluted?!? It literally doubles the time it takes to remove and install the water pump just to goof around with all that crap.
If I remember right, since the compressor mount bolts are already loose, you can remove the short pivot bolt for the power steering pump, remove the mounting bolts for the bracket behind them and rotate that bracket far enough to remove the water pump.
Also don't forget to start the fan on the new water pump nut while you have all of this extra room. It's A LOT easier to start it without the shroud in the way. Sometimes it seems impossible to start the fan on new threads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan

Staff online