The Oilburners hall of shame

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Automotive Service Solutions -Macungie PA

i just found this thread tonight. 2 years ago my less than a year old interstate batteries crapped out so i took it to them because they are an interstate dealer. the said they would warranty my batteries and they would be in the next day...... i come back the next day and they told me that the interstate guy couldn't figure out how old the batteries were so he couldn't warranty them even though they had the round month and year sticker on them. i think i had to pay $360 ish for both new battery's and there was nothing i could do about because they got rid of my old battery's

WarNose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scott Tremelling - Nixon Transmissions in Jackson, California

This guy was recommended by members of a Facebook page associated with these trucks. He quoted me a price for an E4OD delivered to my house and I gave him a deposit. I had to hound him for months to finish my transmission. I had to go pick it up from his house at like midnight finally, probably 6 months later. On top of that he had the wrong torque converter waiting. I had to make a second two hour trip to get the right one. The transmission never ran right and burnt out in 6000 miles. He made more promises about coming down to help me fix it. No thanks, I already wasted enough time with this crook. Stay away from Scott Tremelling of Nixon Transmissions and learn from my mistake.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Russ Repair - Newberg, OR.

I hate to post this. Russ does good work. But in the event of an issue it seems like he does whatever he can to avoid taking responsibility.

To summarize it all, I was instructed to send him a set of injectors originally built by R&D for diagnostic and repair, and they've straight up disappeared. $450 just gone. It took 72 days to finally discover that, which puts me outside the window for package protection within UPS. UPS tried to work with me, but they had to get feedback from Russ. They explained that with each day that goes by the likelihood of them still having the GPS ping data of when the box was dropped off gets less and less, as they cycle this info out. It has now been 77 days at the time of this posting.

After a handful of back and forth emails with Russ, he hard pushed that he's always had issues with UPS delivering to his place and that he swears he never got it. But 72 days later? Even after I sent several follow up emails within weeks of the original delivery date he never specifically said he recieved them, but stated "I will check on them this weekend" which still ended up not happening.

I understand this is just his side gig, and he works a full time job outside it. I also am not denying his quality of work that he does. But when it comes to being held accountable for verifying you've received a higher dollar value package, along with being told what day to expect it, then just throwing your hands up saying, "I dunno, go ask UPS for help." I dont find acceptable as a solution.

Last edited:

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks!! I guess lessons learned is to start the UPS package protection process just a few days after the expected delivery date.

I’m going to file this in the portion of my memory less apt to be discarded.