So what did you do with your truck today?

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The adjustable ones will have a jam nut in the rod about 1.5" from where it connects to the pedal arm.

James

DougBoy66

Reaction score
So I bought this oil cooler a little while ago that I told you all about. I was nervous about installing it on blind faith so I built this rig. It is 1/8 × 3 inch plate. (I would us 1/4 if I did it again).
You must be registered for see images attach

Then I used some fel-pro gasket material and traced some gasket to use on this tester

Worked out the hole placement and taped in a schader valve
then also thread in a pressure guage.
this is the final product. I am only pressuring the coolant side but any loss of pressure to a leaky oil side would have presented itself by the guage. Looking good so far.

Attachments

• 20240719_201247.jpg
    20240719_201247.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 4

KansasIDI

I hate printers
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was a little leary of putting that much pressure on it since I really did know what it's limits were I ended up at 60 psi and it held that for an hour so hopefully all good. I soaped it up good and no bubbles so on the motor it goes
That should be plenty. Engine coolant psi is supposed to be 13 psi I think, maybe 14 I don’t remember for sure. 7 psi rad caps exist too, so 60 psi on the coolant side should be more than the oil side will ever really have, these engines have pretty low oil pressure in the greater scheme of things…

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Also take into consideration what the oil pressure when cold and at rated speed is, its pretty high, thats why the test pressure is high.
60psi with no leaks for an hour I'm willing to bet it is fine too.

KansasIDI

I hate printers
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m initially trying a 32lb radiator cap on project stress test
Interesting… due to the smaller car radiator? Try to keep the pressure higher to keep the boiling point higher?

Are you required to run straight water or something?

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting… due to the smaller car radiator? Try to keep the pressure higher to keep the boiling point higher?

Are you required to run straight water or something?
Yes straight water and I looped the system no radiator. You got it on higher boiling point.

I’ll post some pics tomorrow.

klook

Reaction score
Put the air bags back on my rear axle, painted the axle hubs so they dont look so rusty, then put the camper on the truck.

Now that's stable baby
May I ask how well you can go with that camper on there? I have an E350 ambulance 2 years newer and non turbo.....

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
May I ask how well you can go with that camper on there? I have an E350 ambulance 2 years newer and non turbo.....
It handles like a dream. With just an ambunalce body I imagine yours would weigh less

klook

Reaction score
Interesting. Mine has some body roll and slap when cornering, but I am also interested in how your acceleration and performance on hills is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nosrednA

Members online