So what did you do with your truck today?

KansasIDI

I hate printers
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with the Dana 50 in my Blue Truck aside from the turning radius or lack thereof.
The turning radius is the thing I hate about them the most, with my 86, when I had Dana 50 problems, I just swapped it out for a 60. I wouldn’t necessarily go out of my way to swap it if I didn’t have problems with my 50.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Finished putting the dually fenders on, aligning the gate, and extended the fuel filler necks.
Remember folks, if she doesnt find you handsome, at least she'll find you handy.

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Remember folks, if she doesnt find you handsome, at least she'll find you handy
And if she still doesn't, poke out her eyes and cut off her hands! Then it's a sure bet!:joker::rotflmao
PSA: I DO NOT condone doing any of that kind of thing. It was written in jest and this PSA is to protect me from the computer algorithms that monitor this site.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Without the airbags installed (need to double check u bolt torque after a few days) it actually rides really smoothly empty, was kind of surprised.
Drove er to the local Kroger and filled up, 32 gallons, dang she be thirsty. 11.2mpg.

Overall I'm happy with the swap so far, Looking forward to the camping trip next week. After that I'll swap the front hubs to the dually hubs... If they arrive by then.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here's my tiny human
I refer to mine as monsters :rotflmao and I often call them the neighbor kids and ask them to go to their home when they call me dad....:dunnocookoo

On a different note, does having the AC button allow you to engage the compressor in defrost mode?

Does not having an AC button still engage the compressor when putting the selector in defrost mode?

I don’t much encounter those humid scenarios, but I have back in South Dakota.

That HVAC panel is by FAR the best I have ever encountered. Lots of fan speeds, AC button, not only 50/50 blend, but 25/75 and 75/25 split!!

And a big plus, the fan speed shuts it off, so I could shut the fan off and still select where I wanted a small amount of flow.

I had that in a 2004 Chevy Impala, here it sits with over 300k miles on that 3.8. One trans rebuild.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as Wally, I check it everyday for mice. Killed one in the last week. It is empty, vacuumed and has 6 snap traps set, 2 peppermint oil balls and is resting in the shade to keep the sun off it, and the tires.

I’m still working on landscaping and my Passat wagon.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Yes if it's all in good working condition. It's designed that way to help remove humidity from the air to make the defrost work better/faster. That part helps a lot when it rains.
See you say that... But I just tested mine, the compressor didnt run until I pushed the ac button while in defrost mode.
I get it that it normally is supposed to turn on, but I tested mine when I got home.

KansasIDI

I hate printers
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See you say that... But I just tested mine, the compressor didnt run until I pushed the ac button while in defrost mode.
I get it that it normally is supposed to turn on, but I tested mine when I got home.
I think he's talking about the later style HVAC panel