So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
See you say that... But I just tested mine, the compressor didnt run until I pushed the ac button while in defrost mode.
I get it that it normally is supposed to turn on, but I tested mine when I got home.

I think he's talking about the later style HVAC panel
That's right. I quoted the question about NOT having the A/C button.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Nero @KansasIDI @IDIBRONCO

Thanks fellas, I was thinking the OEM manufacturer took the guess work out of having to engage the compressor when the slider was in defrost mode when no AC button present.

I have noticed that my Passat TDI works better in defrost when I engage the AC button.

So I am sure manufacturers and differing years are all over the place in their designs.

Appreciate it.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Double checked the torque of my axle u bolts. All good after about 75 miles.
Installed the fender linings for the duallys, installed the 3 red lights that goes under the tailgate, only to find it doesnt fit with the gate on, so zip tied it to the bumper for now.
Also double checked the diff fluid level, all good. I think she's ready for camping.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Thanks y'all, been dailying the truck, got in er this morning and the clutch pedal sank to the floor. Master cylinder finally pooped the bed. It is factory from 1988 so no surprise there.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
New clutch master in. Pedal travel is definitely better, but not as good as my old mans truck.
Wonder if I should do the slave cylinder too...

rreegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New clutch master in. Pedal travel is definitely better, but not as good as my old mans truck.
Wonder if I should do the slave cylinder too...
At least it’s peace of mind to have a new one if you do. Any chance the clutch pedal bushings are worn?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
At least it’s peace of mind to have a new one if you do. Any chance the clutch pedal bushings are worn?
I checked them, very minimal play, and the master cylinder kit came with a new pivot bushing.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Order the Clutch line from Russ, Bought one was a snap to bleed the Clutch Master.

Install the 2 fitting in the bag with the Roll Pin.
Stuck the Slave in a container of Brake Fluid. Pumped the rod till not more bubbles.
Secured it with the strap.
mount it on the transmission.
Connect line to the Master, and let it gravity bleed.
Then connect to the Slave,
Worked for me.

Edit: Don`t think I pre bled the Master.
Bought it at O`Really`s, and was a metal Master. Most are Plastic.

Goat

Last edited:

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I don't think its a bleeding issue. Sure it made a mess, but I think I'm going to replace the slave cylinder today too, drove er in this morning, same pedal travel, disengages when at the floor and you're really pressing it.
I checked the firewall for cracks/strains, its not that.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of the new clutch masters have an adjustable pushrod. If it does make the rod a little longer. From my experience, the adjustable seem to always be adjusted too short out of the box.

James

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Some of the new clutch masters have an adjustable pushrod. If it does make the rod a little longer. From my experience, the adjustable seem to always be adjusted too short out of the box.

James
I appreciate the input. I don't think this one is adjustable, it doesnt have threads on the shaft, just clicked right in and that's it