Part number confusion

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Help me out here. Looking to source the seemingly very rare ac lines that are totally missing from my 89 E350 with aux (rear) ac.

I found original Ford factory PDFs listing parts and showing diagrams but they conflict with each other.

You must be registered for see images attach

E8UZ-19867-B (YF-1514)
was r/b (replaced by)
E8UZ-19867-C

....but also....

E8UZ-19867-C (YF-1515)
was r/b
E9UZ-1987-A

but E8UZ-19867-C (YF-1515) says "w/o aux A/C" so how could it replace *-B (YF-1514) and why the different YF number?

Want more confusion?

This shows that hose and also "19972" for those two hoses with an FS6 compressor. Ok fine.

So why does this show a one piece assembly for both hoses and an FS10(15?) compressor. Note the V-belt it's showing, so it has to be 91 or older IDI.

But it shows an intake manifold vacuum line..no such thing on IDI!! did ford screw up and put the wrong picture?!

Last edited:

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Futher confusion... this shows a totally different suction line (2) part number, 19N617 instead of 19867 like above. But at least it's still showing an FS6 compressor and 19972 discharge line.

Another diagram, and it agrees with 19972 / 19N617

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Ok, I think "19867" is a bit useless, because they referred to the for multiple sections.

This diagram is showing the engine side at the top, and aux side on the bottom. It's pointing out 19867 at both ends. I missed highlighting some but you get the idea:

This is 19867 at the engine side, more or less. That could be for 7.5 with aux AC but the point is: I have that section, I don't need it.

Is it just me, or are the following two exactly the same? YF-1515 supposedly isn't for systems with aux AC

But it looks exactly like E8UH-19N616

For reference, E8UH decodes as 1988 (E8) Econoline (U), and presumably (H) for HVAC. It could be a (Z) for service parts as the last digit, such as shown in the YF-1515.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Even assuming 19N617/YF-1515 would work, and i think it would unless it's too short, I'm still unable to find 19972, #5 in that:

Edit: this looks soooo close but it's listed as being for older 5.0/5.8

Last edited:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
But it shows an intake manifold vacuum line..no such thing on IDI!! did ford screw up and put the wrong picture?!
Not that I'll be much help here, but I did want to point something out. Did you notice that there's a picture of a throttle body in this one picture? This is definitely a gas engine picture so it's a mistake.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Not that I'll be much help here, but I did want to point something out. Did you notice that there's a picture of a throttle body in this one picture? This is definitely a gas engine picture so it's a mistake.

Yeah. Pretty big mistake.

I'm debating buying the 'wrong' line that looks so very similar to the correct one. It has more steel line before hose at the condenser end, but otherwise would probably work. Either that or hope a proper one pops up on eBay, some day.

Rotated eBay pic:

Proper diagrams:

The 85 RV at the condenser end of the line: