gas cans, do you think this guy is right?

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
I have 8 different style fuel cans for my various uses. Several 5 gallon plastic cans which had the spring locking nozzle type. One of them, the nozzle blew apart the first time I used it. Pushed it in the filler neck of my tractor, filled it, when I pulled it out the whole nozzle came apart and flew all over my shop. Pretty much never use it now.

The push button ones are fantastic, mostly for small engine stuff. They fill fast, the opening in the neck is huge and the mechanism lasts. I have one for my chainsaw from about a decade ago, one for my weed trimmer (4 cycle, non mix gas) and one for an old welder generator.

That being said, the best cans Ive ever used are old military "jerry" cans. I have 4, one being an army jeep can with the original flex neck and mounting bracket, dated 1968. This isnt mine but this is an example. They are tough, they seal air tight, the filler neck doesnt leak (mine has an original leather expansion seal thats a little crusty but still works), the neck is long and flexible for easy access, and they fill fast, and I can toss em around like they owe me money without worrying about cracking them. I spill more fuel trying to use the plastic cans than I do with these oldies-but-goodies.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
...is this "Carol" an actual person or some type of figment of your imagination? No judgement here if they are a figment, everybody needs a friend, just genuinely curious. You seem to have alot of beef with this Carol character.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
...is this "Carol" an actual person or some type of figment of your imagination? No judgement here if they are a figment, everybody needs a friend, just genuinely curious. You seem to have alot of beef with this Carol character.
Well to explain my "friendly figment" a little better........(& keep in mind that I'm an IDIOT & been called one also")

On Mother's Day I kept asking my figment if she wanted to go out somewhere to celebrate. Her response was "NO, NO, NO!"

Soooo on that note I went out to my 40x64 Pout House that I'm building, turned on the aircompressor, got my Duro-Fast Framing nail gun, put on my nail apron, loaded it with hammer, tapemeasure, & nails, climbed all way to top of my 16' stepladder that's leaned against interior wall.
After I got all way to top of ladder I'm hanging on with my left hand onto board that I'm nailing onto. Got other board ready, nailgun ready, everything ready. (visualize all this happening even with top of my head)

When I shot nail the nailgun bounced up & came down cocked & ready to shoot again.....came down & shot myself thru my left hand nailing myself to the 2x6 girt board. I managed to hang on & not fall. Head of nail 1/2 way thru my hand & thumb bone out of sight, nail shot all way thru 2x6 girt board & showing. Nobody else around for 1/4 mile.

I went to hollering for my figment ....."CAROL, CAROL, CAROL!" She came running outside, ran all way out about 200' to my pouthouse. From up there I looked around inside of my shop, spotted a hacksaw, she got it & came up ladder to me. I got my hammer, drove nail back up thru board enough to insert hacksaw between board & my left hand, then saw nail into.

Carol got to go out for Mother's Day afterall! She got to carry me to ER back up town.

There at the ER while there while they were working on me trying to get nail out of my hand Carol told them that "She started to just leave me nailed up there at top of wall......just leave me nailed up there for a shop ornament!!!!" WE both had all the ER folks laughing & laughing!!!

On the way home I told my figment that "I LOVE YOU!!!!"
Her response was "I LOVE YOU TOO......IDIOT!!!!" Hahaha

BTW, I've had my figment for nearly 52 legal years too!!!!

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was working on a framing job and one of the workers shot his foot to the sub flooring. We called the fire dept and they came out and we all struggled to get the nail up enough to cut it off with a SAWZALL. The worker was screaming his lungs out!!!!

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There at the ER while there while they were working on me trying to get nail out of my hand Carol told them that "She started to just leave me nailed up there at top of wall......just leave me nailed up there for a shop ornament!!!!" WE both had all the ER folks laughing & laughing!!!
So your “figment” thought about pulling the ladder out from under you and just admiring the wall art! I love it!!

My grandma and grandpa made it to 53 years. Grandpa fell, broken hip and pneumonia set in. Grandma lived another 18 years!!

Wife and I married at 32, so I’ll be 84 at 52 years. I hope I’m still skiing and driving and loving life then!!!

Keep it up @ttman4 !!!!

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Or maybe just don't nail yourself?
@IDIBRONCO think outside the box for a moment...... can you even imagine how dull our lives would be if we didn't get nailed to a board occasionally?

And @MIDNIGHT RIDER I was having a forgetful day that day. Earlier that day I had my bolt cutters all wiped down, sharpened up, ready to use. But then I went off & left them laying beside the cherry pie plate on the dining table in the house after me & Carol, my figment, finished lunch.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
How many illegal years? :joker:

Thats a helluva time. Its nice having someone you can count on like that, genuinely feel for folks who dont. Life isnt easy to go it alone.
Well 6-10-72 is our anniversary of our 1st real HOT date!!!! (My story & I'll tell it my way!~ LOL)

I was out of college & cross country truck driving. Called her up & asked her for date for following Friday week Greenville, Tx Rodeo. She was surprised & said "YES."
I took off & gone all week, Ohio, Pa, etc, & back home barely in time. Picked her up & we headed to Rodeo.........I noticed very quickly she was VERY, VERY scared of me!!!!

Like I say, it's my story so here's the true story!!! LOL

All the way to Greenville Rodeo she sat over there with hand on door handle ready to jump out & run if I'd hollered "BOO!" By time Rodeo over & all way back home she was sitting in my lap & HELPING ME DRIVE HOME!!!! (My story!!! LOL)

I found out about 3 months later that my "figment" had tried & tried to get-a-hold of me & cancel out on our upcoming Rodeo Date!!!! She had heard bad things bout me & got scared!

3-23-73 we made it legal!!!~!! Sept '73 first of our 4 boys was born!!!! 4 boys we raised, raised & dearly loved!!!!

BTW, I got 9 plastic 5 gal fuel jugs that I use & really like after I modified them to my liking!!!