Chronic repeated mouse/rat problem

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Good. Now you can seal it up when you're done and keep out the unwanted guests.

I wonder what with though. I don't want to use expanding foam, that's so very messy and sticky to use around wires. Maybe just some steel wool, without foam.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Steel wool sounds good to me. Plus it's not too expensive and it's easy to remove in the future.

12pilgrim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Squirrels got into my attic at home.. chewing up wires..could hear them scurrying around all the time from inside. This sounds nuts, but the only thing that got them out (within 5min) was bringing a speaker into the attic and loudly playing this:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not particularly scared of a mouse, in fact, not scared at all; until, I poke my hand down in a feed barrel and one climbs my arm like lightning, glances off the side of my head, and heads for points unknown.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just below/behind the fuse panel on the firewall. A big hole someone cut.

Have you ever chewed on a *** of Reynold's Wrap ?

You won't chew long.

Mice don't like it either.

For a big hole like that, pack it loosely with wadded up Reynold's Wrap; maybe a bit of acrylic silicone caulk to hold the Reynold's Wrap in place.

No mouse will ever try to get past the Reynold's Wrap.

Although probably not feasible in a vehicle, if you have mouse or rat holes and runs in a building, especially one with a concrete floor, go to the feed-mill and get a bag of Hydrated Lime, some people call it Slack Lime.

Don't breath this stuff; tie your woman's step-ins over your nose or use a respirator.

Pour a pile of Hydrated Lime in every mouse hole.

In a couple days, you won't see any more mice or rats.

The mice come upon this new obstacle; they give it a sniff; and, it gets in their lungs and dries them out; just like it will do you if you breath it.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I opened a truck hood today and saw a mouse run across the top of the engine. I should have opened the others, but I was in a hurry and didn't think of it for a couple of hours. Naturally, by the time that I got to Wal-Mart, I forgot about it, but I remembered on the way back home and stopped by a dollar store. Here's the combo that I picked up and will be distributing around some trucks tomorrow. Hopefully, at least one of these will do the trick.

Attachments

• 102_4621.JPG
    102_4621.JPG
    310.3 KB · Views: 6

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Squirrels got into my attic at home.. chewing up wires..could hear them scurrying around all the time from inside. This sounds nuts, but the only thing that got them out (within 5min) was bringing a speaker into the attic and loudly playing this:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I’m going to try this tonight. I have cathedral ceilings, and don’t know what to do!! I am seriously at a loss.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I opened a truck hood today and saw a mouse run across the top of the engine. I should have opened the others, but I was in a hurry and didn't think of it for a couple of hours. Naturally, by the time that I got to Wal-Mart, I forgot about it, but I remembered on the way back home and stopped by a dollar store. Here's the combo that I picked up and will be distributing around some trucks tomorrow. Hopefully, at least one of these will do the trick.
Neither the dryer sheets or moth balls have worked for me.....well other than completely ruin the interior odor of my commuter.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last couple weeks, I have mouse snap traps set up around the house baited with Honey PB (Walmart) or a Payday.

I have killed at least a dozen mice and 4 chipmunks.

I’m liking this kill them on the outside instead of waiting for them to get in.

Some mice are brown, others gray...?

The birds like the mice and don’t really eat the chipmunks.

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Incredible what you guys have to go through. I have never had to deal with rodent issues ever. I guess I'll stop complaining about mosquitos. They don't tear up vehicles. Seems I should be thankful.