Chronic repeated mouse/rat problem

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did have a 2014 toyota car that I could not keep mice out of. Finally figured out they were getting in through the cabin air filter. They would chew a hole in it and fill the air box with acorns. Turn out, an insurance claim guy told me, that the insulation on the wiring in newer cars is made from processing soybeans which is why they like to chew it. I know this is absolutely no help but I do understand your frustration. I know they make some electronic deterants but I am not sure how well they work
You must be registered for see images attach
while newer cars do seem to have more problems with mice and rats, it is especially bad with Toyotas. For whatever reason their mixture for the wire insulation is more attractive to rodents than other manufacturers. My in-laws live in a subdivision and they have have problems with mice chewing the wires in their minivan. The neighbors have a Tacoma and same thing, but the neighbors Subaru never has any issues and it is parked right next to it.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
while newer cars do seem to have more problems with mice and rats, it is especially bad with Toyotas. For whatever reason their mixture for the wire insulation is more attractive to rodents than other manufacturers. My in-laws live in a subdivision and they have have problems with mice chewing the wires in their minivan. The neighbors have a Tacoma and same thing, but the neighbors Subaru never has any issues and it is parked right next to it.

Several years back, someone on Facebook had an 80s Econoline motorhome stored, but was going to be used soon. they found the 7.5L engine wiring all chewed up. They paid way too much to have a shop replace it, I guess with a used harness? then it immediately happened again. last I heard, they were constantly just selling it and taking a huge loss.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan