Borg Warner IP.... Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 2 diesel logic pumps from uhaul, one of them needed new seals from sitting so hook up some fuel to it and spin it with something to check the shaft seals. Otherwise they are good rebuilds.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also to the others that posted, i was shocked and ashamed of how you treated this new comer, and sometimes i wish i was a mod, but honestly it just makes me not come around like i used to. sounds like we need to ban at least 2 people that are in this thread, or at least give them a vacation.
If your referring to me (Oldbull8) Then say so.
And to you 94IDITurbo7.3, I stand by what I said.

88Ford asked in a nice way.
Would you be willing to part ways with your worn out pump? I know someone who might want it.

horsePOOGAS Responce.
I'm afraid I couldn't for the fact that there will be a core charge and I would much rather do that.

Devon Harley
whats the core charge?
I need that IP
Don't give a parts store and orginal turbo IP thats crazy it will be lost forever.

horsePOOGAS
Either post to help with my question or don't post at all. Its not for sale.

After that response. I would be extremely pissed myself. First POOGAS indicated he was going to turn the IP in for the core charge, instead of selling it to a member on here for more than what the core charge would be. I think DH tried to say a turbo IP is hard to come by and he really needed it.

Then you get a response like this.
horsePOOGAS
I'm going to keep my cool on this. I didn't create this thread to sell anything. So keep your opinions about what I do with my stuff to your self. Its none of your business what I do with it.

Nough said on my part, now back to my popcorn and Sunkist soda.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my sentence did half erase as my I phone buttons again. Anyways sorry if it came out wrong but I do stand by my post. Old bull sees it how I took so I don't think it wa that wrong re read a few times. As for callin him stupid umm no do I need to define crazy. An we know how I meant that as we all say it. Also I believe 94turboidi that we are to not use the f word which probley goes for the f u finger guy that took thought to type that as Mel had stated it takes effort to cuss on a key board. Lol don't everyone get all crazy. Mud kicker all remember not to get one from you then. An man you get all up tight ban us I believe that's why your not a mod. In no way was it intended to make someone cry and as stated above that's how I saw it and I don't think that it was rude at all if he was willing to give it to the parts store an not anyone else I would have paid more than Orilleys core as I have checked but hey that's ok. he's read bad about store pumps here why's he asking??? All I did was ask.

Last edited:

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also horsepoogos stay around its not like this here. sorry your in your first few post here you get this but try and understand it how it was explained above.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score

Would you be willing to part ways with your worn out pump? I know someone who might want it.

horsePOOGAS Responce.
I'm afraid I couldn't for the fact that there will be a core charge and I would much rather do that.

Devon Harley
whats the core charge?
I need that IP
Don't give a parts store and orginal turbo IP thats crazy it will be lost forever.

horsePOOGAS

After that response. I would be extremely pissed myself. First POOGAS indicated he was going to turn the IP in for the core charge, instead of selling it to a member on here for more than what the core charge would be. I think DH tried to say a turbo IP is hard to come by and he really needed it.

horsePOOGAS
I'm going to keep my cool on this. I didn't create this thread to sell anything. So keep your opinions about what I do with my stuff to your self. Its none of your business what I do with it.

Here is how I see it. A newbie comes on and asks a question about a rebuilt pump he has bought. For one and a half pages, he gets badgered about selling the core to members, but no help with the question. They also don't really tell him why they are so interested in the core IP, just call him crazy for not keeping it in the family. A new guy! I guess none of us has ever been ripped off online or approached by the Nigerians with untold fortunes to share. I don't blame him at all for digging in his heels as the pressure and abuse mounted. We are lucky that he has seen fit to continue to even talk to us.

If you really need/want a turbo IP, why not post an ad in the marketplace for one? It's free, and the people who might have them to sell will contact you. They are not as rare as hen's teeth, although they are not so easy to get anymore. In 1985 alone there were 150,000 of these trucks sold by Ford. I think there will be some parts available for a good long time.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Holy cow guys.

As much as moose stuff is nice, sounds like h needs a quick turn around. I would suggest ye either find someone on here with a running IP, or have him talk to a local standyne certified rebuilder. It's a shame the rebuilds at tye stores aren't up to par.

I would also say that some online dealers seem very good with their products. Oregon fuel injection and Midwest fuel injection, google them and you should come up with a website.

Sorry for all the bologna OP!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Just checked Oregon fuel injections website and they have factory turbo IP's in stock. $495 plus $250 core. They say they exchange like pump for like pump (per pump #)

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

horsePOOGAS Responce.

Devon Harley
whats the core charge?
I need that IP

horsePOOGAS

horsePOOGAS

yes oldbull8, you are one of the 2 i was referring to, also you left out a few posts in this "explanation", which is where one could see why the op posted what he said. and i do believe you are wrong in your post, but we are going to agree to disagree, also to devon harley, wow, just wow, you did go off the deep end way to early, and to blame it on your phone? classy there bud, and for that i think you both should have a little vacation, but like i said im not a mod here. i am a mod on another forum, which i do have to put up with a few people like this, and i dont stand for it.

guess one thing WE ALL have to remember is we were all new to these trucks and engines at one time, and we have to ask the basic questions before we can learn. now for anyone who really thinks im in the wrong, just go back and read this whole thread, and read it like your the new guy, and you dont know much about these trucks/engines, and if you can honestly not get pissed by the way some people treated the new guy, then let me know and I wont come back here anymore.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just thought I would apoligize about how the way things turned out earlier in this thread. Devon and I were just interested in the IP for his build and the way way we asked for it was misunderstood. But anyway sorry for the derail...

the thread went south real fast, but i dont think you had anything to do with it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice recovery guys. Let's just stick with the technical now, and move on.

As for the torque screw, how many guys actually KNOW what it does? There is an artificial demand for these pumps, mostly I think because what the torque screw does is very misunderstood. Here is the thing that you need to remember.

The torque screw is another EPA mod! There is no benefit to it. It's sole purpose is to withhold fuel until RPM's drop from a higher range. People think these pumps flow more fuel. They DO NOT. I've explained in detail how this feature works before.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Nice recovery guys. Let's just stick with the technical now, and move on.

As for the torque screw, how many guys actually KNOW what it does? There is an artificial demand for these pumps, mostly I think because what the torque screw does is very misunderstood. Here is the thing that you need to remember.

The torque screw is another EPA mod! There is no benefit to it. It's sole purpose is to withhold fuel until RPM's drop from a higher range. People think these pumps flow more fuel. They DO NOT. I've explained in detail how this feature works before.

would there be any benefit to that screw if you actually knew what it did and knew what adjusting it does?

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
On the non turbo pumps, it is the same as the screw being wide open. So no benefits can be had with the screw except maybe mileage and turbo spool control. But back on topic guys, I would talk to Mel about getting a baby moose pump, he had some prebuilt last I heard so turnaround can be fast. If he does not, I may have a running pump in the shop, its worn but will run just fine, just upgraded before it gave up on me.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mud kicker you take it how you want if my I phone would let me pm this I would have. he had insisted that he pay the core charge and turn the pump over the the lost section and it never be seen again. Sorry I even asked lol anyone who needs somthing and willing to pay more than its worth just to learn more about it and find out if there's a way or idea that you could make that thing function in a different way and benefit from it. There is dyno graphs of turbo trucks with tht pump dynoed and they dyno higher and it helps the boost some. Maybe there was a way to improve it maybe not. Sorry I did not answer his question all I did was state I would rather have it than a parts store. Lol and a Nigerian you bring up different races in the attemp to dictate a type of person is racist and I would think you need the vacation for that as we're not all all the same here. I in no way tried to ROB the guy of his ip. Just expressed I wanted it in no way will I attemp to ask someone again for what they see as trash as want to throw away. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.