Borg Warner IP.... Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
That is the most derogitory remark (Adjective: Showing a critical or disrespectful attitude.) I've seen on this OB forum in a long time.

and this^^^isn't?

Now on the other hand. WHY you wouldn't sell your core to another member is beyond comprehension, ( the act or action of grasping with the intellect : understanding), when they are willing to pay more then the core charge plus the cost of shipping. That my friend, back in a minute , bad electrical storm here,

your kidding me right?cookoo

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I would try a local shop with good reputation if You are in a hurry, the store bought pumps may be good or not but then if You install it will they honor their warranty and even then will it be a good IP that time as well?. There are other options for a rebuilt IP such a Mel, then You would know for sure it was done right but the down time could be more than a work truck can spare.
Hope You get it running soon either way.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to the original poster of this thread, i have installed a few of the reman pumps that customers have brought me, and i think i have had more like a 20/80 success rate. 20% of the time they work out well. i remember one time i installed one and as soon as i fired up the engine it went full throttle, it was on a 6.2 diesel, and when a diesel is running fast enough the it doesnt sound like its knocking, then theres something wrong. i ended up putting 2 on that 6.2 before i told the customer to have the factory one rebuilt.
mel here offers different levels of rebuilt ip pumps, and he rebuilds yours, and he does a very fine job of it. i would contact him and see what it would take to have him build one.

also to the others that posted, i was shocked and ashamed of how you treated this new comer, and sometimes i wish i was a mod, but honestly it just makes me not come around like i used to. sounds like we need to ban at least 2 people that are in this thread, or at least give them a vacation.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are an idi community and yes Opionions will be had and I'm sure other would agree that people like yourself destroy these trucks and parts ad scrap them. Thanks to people like you i have been looking for that ip for along time but hey that's life people throw away gold. Unless its destroyed by WMO i would not buy a new ip lol you fix what you got. These trucks are we're not made in 2012 the parts are not meant to be thrown away there meant to be fixed and put back to use. And as for your answer I believe we answered it fix your pump lol

honestly, i have 2 of these ip pumps you are looking for, and if you asked me for one like you asked the op, i would send you one, after a few sledgehammer hits to it of course.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
So I'm changing out my IP on my 94 factory turbo. I obtained a pump from orilieys and the box was from Borg Warner. I haven't been on the site long but I have read enough that people were having problems with IP from parts stores. Ive read a couple posts from people haveing problems with Borg Warner...

So I'm at a stop... I don't know if I should install and take a chance or if I should take it back and go to a diesel shop that's known for good work and give them a shot.

Any thoughts? Opionions?

Welcome to the forums!

You didn't say if your current IP was giving problems or why you thought it needed to be changed. That might be helpful to get more insightful responses and information. Many of the forum users have had poor results with rebuilt IPs from the corner auto parts stores. They therefore have little reason to even try them anymore, instead opting for a reliable diesel shop to make the correct diagnosis and rebuild the pump to Stanadyne (or better) specifications.

I am sorry that your original question was met with less than helpful responses. Stay around a while and you will find that the vast majority of the OB forum dwellers are willing to help you out with excellent information.

horsePOOGAS

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the helpful info. I'll be returning the BW pump. Could someone be so kind to give me Mel's name so I can pm him?
I do have a reputable shop close and I've been dealing with them on other parts.

Thanks again guys.

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the helpful info. I'll be returning the BW pump. Could someone be so kind to give me Mel's name so I can pm him?
I do have a reputable shop close and I've been dealing with them on other parts.

Thanks again guys.

Agnem. His name is all over the main page. you'll also see info about the Moose pump as well.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just thought I would apologize about how the way things turned out earlier in this thread. Devon and I were just interested in the IP for his build and the way way we asked for it was misunderstood. But anyway sorry for the derail...

Last edited:

Paul E350

Reaction score
I bought a rebuilt pump from the Uhaul seller: u-techcenter on Ebay. They are selling off a bunch of unused parts and rebuilt stuff for the IDI diesels. Best part is there was a typo in his ad, they had the pump listed for $175!!! I received it packed well and the rebuilder was Dieselogic, who I believe to be one of the better folks for doing this work. I can't see UHAUL using some idiot shop to rebuild their pumps.I don't need the pump now, however when I do, it'll be waiting........

Status
Not open for further replies.