What would you get?

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some good suggestions.
I like the oil temp idea. I also like an air pressure gauge, I don't have on board air but it would be nice to have, and I would love some air horns for these terrible, moronic California drivers.

rear diff temp is interesting, never thought of that before. I do tow, but nothing too outrageous. would a trans temp gauge be more helpful than a rear diff gauge, even though it is a manual?

KansasIDI

I hate printers
Supporting Member
Reaction score
some good suggestions.
I like the oil temp idea. I also like an air pressure gauge, I don't have on board air but it would be nice to have, and I would love some air horns for these terrible, moronic California drivers.

rear diff temp is interesting, never thought of that before. I do tow, but nothing too outrageous. would a trans temp gauge be more helpful than a rear diff gauge, even though it is a manual?
If you keep it under 10k lbs trailer weight, I wouldn’t worry too much about trans or diff temps. With a manual transmission, diff would likely be the better one to have. But so long as you have proper fill level and clean fluid, probably nothin to worry about. You can always keep a laser temp gun with you, and run hard, then pull over and check hub, diff, and trans temps with that. You can also check trailer hub temps. So as long as you change diff and trans fluid when you’re supposed to, and check those temps occasionally, it shouldn’t be a big deal.

Oil temp would be of more interest to me, modern diesel trucks all have them, and manual transmission temps are usually nothing to worry about.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
“Beep Beep!”
A roadrunner horn!

I would love to have something like that on my truck....
My first truck was a 1979 F150. Someone had installed an original Road Runner horn in it. The down side was that it wasn't in the best shape anymore. That was one, sick Road Runner with a VERY hoarse voice.

Last edited:

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was one, sick Road Runner with a VERY hoarse voice.
Poor thing caught a cold or something from all of the strain....continuously out-witting Mr. Wile E. Coyote...

I always marveled on how the Coyote managed to lift an anvil on so many of his traps....

Entertaining little show...

Didja ever try to find out if there really is an 'ACME' company that sells all sorts of 'stuff'..?