So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
But I put about 30 gallons of diesel on the road between Dwight and home. There is fuel on everything. Down both sides of my truck, down the underside, all over the engine and transmission. Fuel everywhere... guess I’ll have to wash it tomorrow.
Just look at that as degreaser.
Dwight. That's where I saw the only Mustang GTA that I've ever seen in real life.
Random.. but wondering how much weight you guys would comfortably put in the bed for a couple hour trip? Looking at 1500-2000lb (45lb weight plates) and wondering how it'd handle that for a 3hr move.
I'd do it. Just don't try to NASCAR along any curvy roads. Take it easy and you'll be fine. OH wait. NASCAR only turns left. Just don't try to do any Indy car along curvy roads.

12pilgrim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just look at that as degreaser.
Dwight. That's where I saw the only Mustang GTA that I've ever seen in real life.

I'd do it. Just don't try to NASCAR along any curvy roads. Take it easy and you'll be fine. OH wait. NASCAR only turns left. Just don't try to do any Indy car along curvy roads.
Thanks! Have our trucks ever even heard of Nascar or Indy? I've raced fully loaded dump trucks and school busses and they never even know it as they pull away..

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may have been the elbow hose at the turbo outlet, looks like it slid a half inch off. Shame there's no barb there to hold the boot on. Just slid it back on for now should be good. I'll find out tomorrow.
Pull the boot off, clean it really good and spray some hair spray on both pieces. After that's clamped down and dry you won't have to worry about it slipping off again. Have had to do that to several tuned 6.0 and 6.4's to keep them from blowing the boots off.

James

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Pull the boot off, clean it really good and spray some hair spray on both pieces. After that's clamped down and dry you won't have to worry about it slipping off again. Have had to do that to several tuned 6.0 and 6.4's to keep them from blowing the boots off.

James
I'll give that a try!
I tightened them both up and didnt experience any boost leaks on the way home, so its definitely one of the two.

Hank3

Reaction score
Just joined today but this was over weekend. Nearly lit the truck on fire (out of frustration) getting things to fit. Maybe I’ll let it burn one day soon :)

Realized might be easier to connect AFTER engine is in and not as one unit. Tcase constantly in the way too.

Attachments

• IMG_2319.jpeg
    IMG_2319.jpeg
    470.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2323.jpeg
    IMG_2323.jpeg
    444.9 KB · Views: 10

bear91

Reaction score
Got the Lseat leather seat upholstery installed today, little loose but I didn't use any added foam or decron. I'm still pretty happy with them! The color is navy blue which is a custom option.
370$ shipped from Texas, can't beat that!

Attachments

• IMG20240917183559.jpg
    IMG20240917183559.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 9

mexicanjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the Lseat leather seat upholstery installed today, little loose but I didn't use any added foam or decron. I'm still pretty happy with them! The color is navy blue which is a custom option.
370$ shipped from Texas, can't beat that!
Those bucket seats look nice, I prefer bench seats because I can wear my straw hat without hitting the seat back....Besides my sweetie can sit next to me as we drive to the
ranch or the range ( same place- different pasture).

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just joined today but this was over weekend. Nearly lit the truck on fire (out of frustration) getting things to fit. Maybe I’ll let it burn one day soon :)

Realized might be easier to connect AFTER engine is in and not as one unit. Tcase constantly in the way too.

Welcome to the Forum.
Lot easier to drop in Engine w/o Trans etc... hanging on
the end of it.
Is that a Power Stroke? Valve Covers look different.

Goat

bear91

Reaction score
Got the Lseat leather seat upholstery nstalled today, little loose but I didn't use any added foam or decron. I'm still pretty happy with them!
Those bucket seats look nice, I prefer bench seats because I can wear my straw hat without hitting the seat back....Besides my sweetie can sit next to me as we drive to the
ranch or the range ( same place- different pasture).
Thanks they are pretty comfortable they are from a aeronose truck and the driver side is actually a factory powered seat! These are a bench as well, I've taken a nap on them on my lunch break and I've had 2 people up front with me one in middle getting in the way of the shifter and one in passenger seat