So what did you do with your truck today?

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Between yesterday and today I installed a new set of Mahle pistons onto the rods and rod bearings and crammed them into their respective cram holes
You must be registered for see images attach

Then I installed a new cam gear. The instructions said to cook it in oil so, I did then pressed it on and installed the cam
I cannot stop laughing at "cram holes":rotflmao

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Lifting a jeep for a college kid (pavement lift)
That seems so stupid to me. Those things are squirrely handling stock. I can only imagine a lifted one. Now the only experience I have was with a '90 and I do realize that the four door ones may be better due to the longer wheelbase. That one time I drove one on the highway was enough to convince me that I DO NOT want a Jeep though.
Anyone have a source for new vents for our trucks?
Not that I'll be able to answer, but what kind of vents are you asking about?

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That seems so stupid to me. Those things are squirrely handling stock. I can only imagine a lifted one. Now the only experience I have was with a '90 and I do realize that the four door ones may be better due to the longer wheelbase. That one time I drove one on the highway was enough to convince me that I DO NOT want a Jeep though.

Not that I'll be able to answer, but what kind of vents are you asking about?
I don't know if there is another name for it, but for me, pavement lifts are just wheels with a bit more back space, bigger fender flares, stock tire size but a/t tread and rock slider steps. It will look different than stock. I am all for anyone getting more interested in their vehicle and having fun. I don't know if they're shipping lift blocks here also, but if yes, it's an inch.
I hesitate lowering cars around here due to our trash roads, but it's another gateway into another vehicle enthusiast. My cousin has me talking her Honda club out of it all the time haha
At least where I live there are really no younger people "into" cars or trucks. Customers with kids getting licenses say their kids absolutely don't care about what car, or if they even get a license.
Even our own IDI club is shrinking :(

I need the vents in the dash that point (hopefully) cold air at your face (or maybe your bits if it's a long ride hahahha)

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Loaded the camper up, right as I got it on I noticed the right wheel seal is starting to weep, just my luck. I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

DougBoy66

Reaction score
I ordered an oil cooler on Monday and it showed up by UPS a today. I have done some searches on here to see if anyone had any experience with this one
but didn't come up with anything, so I wanted to pass on what showed up. Part of the reason I hoped it worked out was because, reading about the company, they make these in South Dakota. It is, as far as I can tell the same measurements as my original.

I'm sure you can tell but the one on the right is new one in the picture of the ends
They are the same diameter. I noticed that the fins in the shell of the original may be a little tighter spaced. Anyway, I don't have any ties to the company but I alway like to buy from US companies when I can. I don't have the ends prepped up yet but will update when I put it together

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the Oil Coolers are made in China....Probably all from the same factory no matter who`s name is on them.

There might be a few new OEM one`s still available, from like TASKA Auto Parts or some dealer has one on a back shelf in the Parts Dept.
Usually OEM is 4 to $500.

If you have the Ford Part#, do a Google search and see what comes up.

Goat

rreegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have some wood shed framing coming up so picking up some tools. Truck is still non turbo but picked up a Banks (harbor freight framing gun) today.

Am having fun saying put a Banks in the truck now.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found a brand new HVAC control panel on ebay
What year and trim is your truck? I have never seen a panel like that, looks much different than my 91 F-Super Duty Custom, or any bricknose panel that I’ve seen

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year and trim is your truck? I have never seen a panel like that, looks much different than my 91 F-Super Duty Custom, or any bricknose panel that I’ve seen
I was thinking the exact same thing. I have had at some point every year of bull, brick, and aero truck and I have never seen that configuration.

James

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLIMPICKENS73