So what did you do with your truck today?

DougBoy66

Reaction score
Have fun putting that upper passenger transmission bolt in.....
I pulled the carpet back and unbolted the high hump plate so I can get to the top bolts.... somewhat..... I really wanted to see if I could stab them in bolted together. Glad I didn't U think

KansasIDI

I hate printers
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks like an absolute pain. I guess I’m glad that I don’t have an 093…

Reminds me a bit of the linkage being in the way on the drivers side middle bolt on a C6, but this looks even more unpleasant…

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to make a run for more cat supplies (seems to be a common occurance around here). I decided to cruise the dirt roads home and drive on some that I've never been on before. I did find a road that I wouldn't recommend driving on while or after it's raining or even snowing. I found a cool house too. The location was pretty nice, but the heating bills in the winter would be unbearable.
Shoot you're looking at that road the wrong way...looks to me like the PERFECT snow playground! You can't fall off the sides! :rotflmao :santa:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I was thinking of drifts being as high as the sides. I didn't take a picture, but where it does it's final drop to the bottom, the sides are WAY over the top of my cab.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Changed my thermostat. The one I pulled, I installed back in 2012ish, and I have a feeling it wasn't opening up fully. Installed a genuine motorcraft one.
They were a little different.

You must be registered for see images attach

KansasIDI

I hate printers
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well this morning I tried to figure out why I was having hot start issues again… this time it was the fuel pressure sensor leaking, allowing air in. Since the engine harness has been on a diet that rid itself of the wire to that anyways, I replaced it with a fuel pressure gauge that I can check with the hood open.

That seems to have done the trick, I went to the dirtbike trails near the local lake and it fired right up after having sat 3 hours, and further testing this morning had it starting just fine at 40 minutes of sitting from fully warmed up.

On a side note, service trucks aren’t great for hauling dirtbikes…

Also this morning I made some progress organizing what I will need for manual fuel selector valve and Walbro pump… I plan on replacing all the lines too, and I got my front tank plumbed into the manual valve, since the current stock FSV quit switching to the front tank. I just have the manual one set to off for now. I hope to make some more progress on my fuel system this evening.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I went to the dirtbike trails near the local lake

service trucks aren’t great for hauling dirtbikes…
Now hold on. I thought you said that you weren't into that type of thing. What gives?
On the other hand, are you talking about Council Grove? Is it still tiny? I've only been there once and I was pretty bored.

KansasIDI

I hate printers
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now hold on. I thought you said that you weren't into that type of thing. What gives?
That was a year ago. I really only got into it about a month ago.

On the other hand, are you talking about Council Grove? Is it still tiny? I've only been there once and I was pretty bored.
Yes. And it is still a small spot. I got bored after a while. That’s why I was only there for 3 hours.

KansasIDI

I hate printers
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you'll have to go to School Creek with me some time then.
How long has it been since you were at School Creek? It’s so overgrown that it’s almost unpleasant… except you got thumpin thunder under ya so it’s still a blast…

KansasIDI

I hate printers
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did get my manual fuel selector valve in, and all new fuel lines, everything all plumbed in, mounted the valve between the seat and the door (under the floor of course, handle sticks through the floor) instead of behind and to the left of the shifter like I did in my 86. Not sure which I prefer, time will tell. My 86 wasn’t really in roadworthy condition for very long after the manual selector valve was installed, so not a ton to go off there.

Still using the mechanical fuel pump for now.

Last edited:

DougBoy66

Reaction score
I managed to get the E4OD back in the truck. Top bolt and the middle one too. It was rebuilt early this year with a new torque converter as this project snowballed into more than I planned

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
How long has it been since you were at School Creek? It’s so overgrown that it’s almost unpleasant… except you got thumpin thunder under ya so it’s still a blast…
Almost 5 years. I do know that it's overgrown. It was MUCH better before the state took it over.
Usually, I have a ring-ding with smoke coming out of the exhaust underneath me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty