Project Big Red

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bolts came next day air.

Dipstick tube adapter finished. Thanks @IDIoit for drawing it up for me.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After messing with tcase I now remove tcase and just do trans...much simpler...I can physically myself lift tcase up where needed.

K so how much are dipstick adapters....why was it no plated?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that one is 6061. Didn't really feel the need to nickel plate it even if that's possible (not really sure but I don't think the nickel will stick to the aluminum... saw that with the exhaust pipe). I don't really have "production capability" so have to talk to Brian about that or maybe mblaney since he is up in the great white north too. It was quick work on the lathe. A real machinist probably could do many an hour.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be an easy CNC job. Just to do a few, not sure it's worth CNC code. I really don't know how many you'd sell. This is the first time I've seen anybody need one so I'm not sure the demand is there except for ********* like me. Maybe there are more ********* than I realize.

LOL

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know a few..lol
not to throw anyone under the buss,
but [MENTION]Hydro_idi[/MENTION] took my spare one lol

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well. Tried to set the engine in. Can't. Going to have to pull the trans crossmember and trans.

[emoji35][emoji21][emoji20]

The one thing I didn't want to do. The bolts are rusty and i have a feeling I'll be cutting the bits apart. I knew I should have done it from the start.

I got one more trick but I think it's doomed.

The epic continues. Wouldn't you guys be surprised if I went dark for a week and a finished truck showed up?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bit the bullet and bought batteries. 190$ for 2 group 31's 950 cca's. What the heck. I'll give the Duracell a try.

New toy arrived.

No guessing here.

Folks are coming out so I'll have an extra pair of hands when they aren't on the grand kid. Maybe I'll get a couple things done. [emoji3]

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
The epic continues. Wouldn't you guys be surprised if I went dark for a week and a finished truck showed up?

I would miss the updates but would love to see it happen! That's almost what I did with my truck, I almost stopped taking pictures.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

pafixitman

Reaction score
I would miss the updates but would love to see it happen! That's almost what I did with my truck, I almost stopped taking pictures.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

You guys have to keep taking pics and posting. It is the only way I can get my IDI "fix" and not spend my money!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stop on down sometime if you want the full effect of working on it. :rotflmao

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys have to keep taking pics and posting. It is the only way I can get my IDI "fix" and not spend my money!

from what I hear, everytime we post and give you your IDI fix, you should atleast (and you did) spend all of $0.02 lol

Mike, keep chugging man, at the end of my build(or its current status) I was more worried about just getting the damn thing done!
didn't stop to take pics of that wire I just soldered lol

were just waiting for you to take that first test drive, and that big ass smile when you do...
we all love that feeling, wither its ours or not!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crzyede

Members online