New insight in IDI burning WMO - need high compression or turbo

Black dawg

Reaction score
opening up those holes from the heat shield would defeat the reason why they're there, to keep the ignition heat away from the injectors.
That os what I figured, and maybe the heat would help keep tje injectors clean. Injectors dont last a long time running on wmo.....

ut99dot1

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

this is the injector, the tip is a small needle which rocks back and forth. Gets carboned / fouled up over time. just alot faster with wmo

Here's one from the net, after running it 100k miles +-
You must be registered for see images attach

Mine looked the same after only 10k. The headshields are in the first post.

Last edited:

Black dawg

Reaction score
If those shields are easy to get and cheap, I would open that hole way up and see what happens.

The 6.2_6.5 injectors looked like that shield was built into the injector body. Looks to be the same size hole on the end, that would always build up that same looking crud.

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What recepy of WMO youre burning there?
I had resonable succes with a oil/ gasoline mix (can't remember the percentage anymore,) but just enough gasoline to make the viscosity right.
can't say that I had any negative effects on the injectors (that I noticed) , the only thing I remarked is that it's oil starten to thicken in a really mysterious way?!

ut99dot1

Reaction score
I'll see if I can dremel them bigger, nice idea.
Got a summer mix running now, 75%wmo25% kerosene. Winter its more or less 50-50. I'll try with RUG next, the manual of the car says I can run up to 30% unleaded. Should thin stuff out nicely. Does it evaporate over time?

Black dawg

Reaction score
There is nothing that will touch those deposits.
Tried many different things, including water injection starting with clean injectors would still end up this way.
Have not seen this with any other style of injector.

klook

Reaction score
I am familiar with the additives. I am not familiar with the deposits etc. I use additives in my IDI as the low sulfur fuel sucks. I just wanted to know what these experienced people had tried/used.