Need a IP Adjustment Tool

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear I found it like this!

No 3/4” square casting to grab. There is a notch under the top bolt on the casting that the Adjusting tool would grab. Can see it a bit better here. This is a “Champion Diesel” injection Pump.
Daaaaang...so they do exist! Must be a Canadian thing. :rotflmao
Yes I found those tools on EBay, last night. A little expensive especially with my Canadian dollar… I found this Blue Point SP442 on EBay, Price is right. I wonder if the handle will even fit in the van.

Considering just making on from the images. Could trace this to get a vector. Make a few sizes, laser cut out of wood, test fit the right one, WATERJET the final one.

I have the Garratt pulse and Light meter tho! ($500 CAD later….)
Wait...Mr. $70-is-too-pricey-for-me has a $500 timing setup and casually cuts out his own tools on a WATERJET?!?
That said, nice find on the $20 version!
How much leverage is needed when the IP is unbolted to move?
At times, I've found myself needing quite a lever to get it just right. You want to loosen all the IP and injector nuts first, then have a go with timing. Sometimes it's no big deal, sometimes the pump is near the end of it's range and it's hard to adjust.
I have a ~12" adjustable wrench I use, and that thing threatens to jump off the square casting from torque and the nature of adjustable wenches. I may just grab one of those $20 versions for my own timing purposes...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
echosmith88

Members online