dps turbo cal pump

87wmoburnner

Reaction score
I know a few people on here are running a dps turbo cal pump. Thinking I want one so I wanted to here some oppions on it. Power increase? Egts? Any failures?. I have tried to call dps and left a few messages but herd nothing back yet.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some are running dps but no one recommend buying from him any longer. He has poor customer service an could care less what quality is shipped from his place. Look in the hall of shame plenty of info on dps there save up an extra couple hundred an go moose an never look back!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Welcome to Oil Burners the best place for information on these trucks and engines.

You can find plenty about DPS in the HALL OF SHAME...

cowboy2010 learned the hard way about it, hopefully you won't have to.

There are plenty of REPUTABLE pump reman places. Conestoga diesel for one, our very own Mel goes here by Agnem and you can either PM him or go to his web site for a baby Moose, a Moose or if your into building a monster engine and I mean monster a Super Moose.

A previous member here Justin has got a builder whom does a DB2/4 hybrid that pumps a shiteload of fuel out too.....makes good HP but requires decent turbo and IC and so forth to support it. Justin has a web site but I don't recall the URL...another member will drop in I"m sure and post that link

Typ4 has some BB injectors and return line kits available too. He does some custom turbo work as well he has a cam too.

In the mean time feel free to look around especially at the hall of shame...

Take a look at our FAQ section and tech articles too...lots of great info in there as well...

BTW take a few minutes and fill in your signature too as that helps to know what you have and be able to respond to questions you may have.

Again Welcome to oil burners

Al

87wmoburnner

Reaction score
Wow thanks for the quick response guys and sounds like I doged a bullett on that one. Truck. Is a 87 6.9 f350 cc 4x4 srw old banks turbo c6 gearvendors with about ten k on the motor and trans . Pump is dead will not even spit fuel out the injection lines.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow thanks for the quick response guys and sounds like I doged a bullett on that one. Truck. Is a 87 6.9 f350 cc 4x4 srw old banks turbo c6 gearvendors with about ten k on the motor and trans . Pump is dead will not even spit fuel out the injection lines.

Are you sure it's a dead IP not lift? or other problem?

87wmoburnner

Reaction score
Yeah lift pump and both pickups fuel filters (ihave a aux frame mounted one) are all new and presure is good headed in to the ip.

I can't seem to figure how to list my truck in my sig so if someone can help me with that I would appreceiate it.

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
Have you tested to make sure the FSS is getting power? If it is, have you connected/disconnected to see if you can hear it click? They're normally a tough, reliable part. However they do occasionally fail.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like stated above and on that site (to some degree) ............ you can't just bolt that IP to your IDI and make 300HP. Other mods must be done. Mainly a different turbo than the standard "kit" turbos available for these IDI's. Gotta fab up the plumbing for the larger turbo as well as it's oiling system. Cam, studs, possibly modified intake, pistons, and so on.

Heath

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like stated above and on that site (to some degree) ............ you can't just bolt that IP to your IDI and make 300HP. Other mods must be done. Mainly a different turbo than the standard "kit" turbos available for these IDI's. Gotta fab up the plumbing for the larger turbo as well as it's oiling system. Cam, studs, possibly modified intake, pistons, and so on.

Heath

All the stuff that Heath said is definitely a good idea. Another popular thing to help with longevity that people commonly do is ceramic coat the pistons as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nighthawk14

Members online