Cold timing advance problem

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Hopefully the final update on this saga, or at least until I hear back from Russ on the diagnosis of the R&D injectors.

Installed Russ's injectors on Saturday, have been daily driving the truck since then. I also plugged the timing advance back in too.
Ever since, I've had a slight puff of black smoke on startup, no misfire, running rough or any of that, no violent shuddering when the timing advance turns off, it's a night and day difference.

Yesterday I did have a little white smoke as I was leaving home, but I'm going to chalk that up as I took off immediately after firing er up.

As for the injectors, Russ is really an all star. He worked with me to locally pick up my injectors so I could have them by the weekend, told him briefly what was going on with my R&D set, and he volunteered to call Justin to see what was going on. Justin is very busy, as per the usual, so he asked Russ if he could look at them. We definitely don't deserve how helpful those two are.

Edit, apparently P O O F is a bad word :smash:

jwsfarrier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Nero, between those two dudes I'm sure they will figure it out. Lucky to have their support for our old oilburners. Selfishly Im curious what comes out of this as I have a set of stage ones on the shelf I ordered around the same time as you. Planning to install them on the new engine going in soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLIMPICKENS73

Members online