1992 7.3 idi stalled while running down road

oasis towing

Reaction score
hello i purchase ta 92 ford rollback 2 days ago i drove it from maryland bringing it home got near kenly nc the motor lost power then stalled all eithin about 1000 yards? a little back story i got from original owner.the truck is non turbo"excuse me but iam not well versed in diesel abbreviations"it had a remanufactured motor taken from a wrecked ambulance with 50 k he said it has around 100k now.i want to say averve or something similar "cant recall name on vaive covers"now truck has sat for a few years but was told fuel was drained and replaced with clean diesel.when it stalled i got 5 gallons of fuel and when i removed the fuel filter it was half full?got it towed home check fuel in filter it was hald[f qgain.tach moves up to about 500rpm when trying to start but motor doesnt even try and start but spins over fast.i have worked on my fair scare of gas motors so iam sure its not blown or anything no noise knocking etc,one question can i remove fuel inlet into filter should i get fuel from line when turning over engine?and does this truck have an electric fuel pump in tank"like gas engine".please between the purchase price of truck and a tow bill theres no way i can afford a shop at this time.o and oil level in engine was a quart low on stick.thanks for any help in this matter

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look up
Air intrusion
It's most likely either that or the fuel delivery is not working.
Hit the stickies
Look up faccett and e pumps
Stock it has an mechanical fuel pump.
Btw
This section is for emergency use.
Not parked in your yard...

oasis towing

Reaction score
let me tell you this is an emergency i spent my life savings on this truck no **** i blew everything after having it towed 250 miles home aint that an emergency?i just ask for a starting place not for you to come to my house.