IDAHO DYNO DAYS AND DRAG RACE AUGUST 27, 28

MUDDY

Reaction score
dave,

harold sposed to do my guages 2morrow and harry@pdr quaranteed my gsk be here in time. :)

Dzlnut

Reaction score
Muddy , you jinxed me talking about turbos, Mine started rubbing the housing on the way home, i am going to limp it to the dealer this morning.

Stevo

MUDDY

Reaction score
hell,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bummer. but ya can maybee sell the brand new trbo that wrrnty buys ya to someone and get ya a big one. :) reminder, remove boost elbow if equipped

prolly tu as orig owner didnt cool it down to 300 each shut off :(

Last edited:

Dzlnut

Reaction score
I hope my truck is done, The guy called yesterday and said they put 2 new rotors on the front and turned the back to fix the vibration. I am glad i made them fix that in the deal when i bought it. The guy said as long as the turbo got here in time they would get it done but it was a 2-3 hr job to put the turbo on. Maybe i better go over and show those ase certified mechanics how to get it done in 45 minutes and that is with one beer break. I suppose they are doing all they can, i just want my truck for the weekend. The good thing is because it is under warranty the turbo has to be new not reman, the closest one was in portland.

Stevo ;Sweet

MUDDY

Reaction score
yep,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,pretty bad if it takes em 2 to 3 hrs. better make sure they oil the turbo, drip oil down the hole and spin the wheel by hand. i dont trust most of the ase cert dlr mechs. seen tooooooooooo many major screw ups. whats funny most of the stealership mechs think they so much better than anybody else but we all know bettr

hope they get er dun

MUDDY

Reaction score
dave,

pyro and boost installed. :thumbsup: just hope harry got gsk sent out in time so fed x guy get it here today

Dzlnut

Reaction score
Dealer called and said they are changing the turbo now, so with any luck i will pick it up tonite.

Stevo

MUDDY

Reaction score
hope they got er dun steve

dave,
got the box from piers 2day. big box tiny little spring :)

guage install

Attachments

• 92guagesmedPicture019.jpg
    92guagesmedPicture019.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 92gskmedPicture017.jpg
    92gskmedPicture017.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

MUDDY

Reaction score
been gettin lots of caalls and pm's. looks as if we have anothr good trnout this w/e

more spray

redy for 2morrow

see u guys then :D

Attachments

• 92 liqwrnch1medPicture020.jpg
    92 liqwrnch1medPicture020.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 92liqwrnchaman2medPicture021.jpg
    92liqwrnchaman2medPicture021.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 4
  • 92600000pltPicture022.jpg
    92600000pltPicture022.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 2

Dzlnut

Reaction score
I got it back so looks like i will make it after all, I may drag a couple other oilburners with me aswell.

Stevo

MUDDY

Reaction score
good day. :)

will post pics and details 2morrow

i missed out in race as body is hurtin from long day at dyno so went home to lay down after layin down some good 1gen numbrs after recieving some of swanks ve pump magic. :D
. got calls from friend at track and lots of dsl powered pu's doin good times

fun dyno day. will resume 2morrow. stay tuned :D it be posted 2morrow

Last edited:

swank

Reaction score
muddy, just got home with a dead phone. i'll get ya george's #. thanks again! a good time was had again. last night at the track was pretty darn cool. never been to anything like that before. glad we got something done on your truck. sorry we didn't get it all though. how'd it go today?

dave