IDAHO DYNO DAYS AND DRAG RACE AUGUST 27, 28

MUDDY

Reaction score
yep,,,sprayed it down twice and will do so today.

called mike in nampa and he recomended against the gov spring. ya need to set him straight i guess. i called pdr and inquired then sent a check. i hope they rush it out

lookin fwd to some good numbers at the dynoday next week

MUDDY

Reaction score
only a bit more than a week to go

expecting another good turnout. lunch will be there in the form of a catering trailer.

lookin fwd to this event

bullydog is organizing the dragrace. here is the number to call for info on the drags and to sign up for the dragrace 866 285-5936 contact BART

for the dyno call mms 208 887-2058. contact don

Last edited:

tgatch

Reaction score
Whats the cost on the runs down the 1/4? I would really love to make a pass or two just to see what my truck will do. You guys will have to take it a little easy on me. I only have a 2004 F350 with Quad's new box in it.

I will definitely be at the Dyno runs to watch and meet you guys. I'd be stupid not to go as it is just up the road from me. Always interested in meeting new people.

MUDDY

Reaction score
BART @bullydog is the one responsable for handling the drags. give him a call. he shouldve been posting wth the details be. 866 285-5936.

ya need to spin the rollers tom. cya there and remember our dinner meet is this coming wed :)

Last edited:

Oilburner

Reaction score
Which day will the drags be on? Saturday night is "Night Fever" which is open grudge racing. No eliminations. Whould be fun either way. Tranny is almost there. I'm starting to hate transmissions. I've only had it out seven times and maybe eight is on the way. Lon

swank

Reaction score
lon, are you going to be at the dyno too? i know of two people who would be interested in getting timing done if you feel like doing/helping. luke (the guy you loaned the turbo to) and ty (the kid with a hole in his door). i bet if you showed luke how to do it he'd be able to do ty's. was that barring tool that jay was using that day in nampa his or yours? i've got some valve springs to put in, and that thing would be REAL handy. anyway, howzit? what's grudge racing? the bullydog event is friday, i think. what kind of trans issues are you having? have you been at the track this summer? is your dad coming down this time?

dave

Oilburner

Reaction score
Hey Dave, Both Jay and I have the barring tool so that won't be a problem. Timing usually takes a good three to four hours. The timing kit from Snap On runs about $200 which I have. Jay and I usually work as a team when timing trucks. With as busy as Jay and I have been on our own trucks and general life :puke: I don't think there will be time. We need to set up a weekend dedicated to doing the trucks where there is nothing else going on. Grudge racing is just for fun. You and I can roll up together and race each other all night. No eliminations. Great time for test and tune. I've been at the track a couple of times this year. The trans has been a limiting factor along with $$$. Coming out a divorce has put the pinch on almost everything I enjoy doing. As far a the trans goes, I've been chasing internal leaks. Having the valve body out as many times as I have, I think has not been good on the case. If I can't file down the case to get a good seal than I will be replacing it with another. My Dad was just down for the Night Fire Nationals so I don't think he will be making it down for this one. Look forward to seeing you guys again. Drive safe and keep it under 100!!!! Lon

Oilburner

Reaction score
Grudge racing is $20 to $25 and worth it. Usually get in six to eight runs through the night.

Dzlnut

Reaction score
Well guys , plans have changed, first guy fell through but my brother bought the Ford. There will be a 2001 Dodge Quadcab Shorty, Cummins, 6 Speed, Leather, Loaded with 73k sitting in my driveway tomorrow. I am Jacked , i have wanted one for 5 years.

When is the monthly dinner this month, what night is the dragrace, i missed it somehow.

Steve

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stevo, sorry to see you drop the PSD, you were cranking out some real nice numbers with her but at least she stayed in the family....... Youre at the right place to get some pointers from some of the Cummins-freaks to make some smoke in your new ride.

Dzlnut

Reaction score
Thanks , I appreciate the kind words, it was just time to do it. The downside is i will still have to work on it my brother is not a mechanic, that gene missed him somehow.I am really looking forward to bombing the Dodge i would like to get to 450rwhp and call it good......er maybe not.

Steve

Attachments

• 805meetsteves01Picture012med.jpg
    805meetsteves01Picture012med.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but the cool thing is now you get to mod it with HIS money. ;Sweet

Oilburner

Reaction score
We will be going to Firebird Raceway for the Night Fever "No elimination, grudge racing" Saturday night if anybody is interested. I've normally ran six to eight times during these events. A lot of fun and you get your moneys worth! Lon

MUDDY

Reaction score
thanks for supplying the info bout the race lon. sat nite it is. :) lookin fwd to havin a good time at firebird sat nite after the dyno and lookin fwd to decent turnout and fun time at the dyno sat :D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tony