100% WMO?

nightrunner84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yea, because I figure that cars within mileage will have less particulate metal in it. With the abundance of cars that the tire changers do, I can collect more than I can burn. Kind of a cream on the crop mentallity I guess. On another subject, I just had a thought for the veggie guys. If a person had a truck like mine, with a zf5 and a radiator that was for an automatic, instead of buying a racor heater, a man could run the veggie oil through the trans cooler to heat it. Sorry, random thought....

tractorman86

Reaction score
Oh yea, because I figure that cars within mileage will have less particulate metal in it. With the abundance of cars that the tire changers do, I can collect more than I can burn. Kind of a cream on the crop mentallity I guess. On another subject, I just had a thought for the veggie guys. If a person had a truck like mine, with a zf5 and a radiator that was for an automatic, instead of buying a racor heater, a man could run the veggie oil through the trans cooler to heat it. Sorry, random thought....

it is a good one though! a lot of the manual trucks have had a rad change and just capped off the a/t cooler lines in the bottom. dont know where i heard that...:D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I figured you were thinking along those lines. If I had the choice, I'd get the cream off the top too, but I also think the oil filter on the engine the oil came out of is what hopefully has all those little particles in them that your talking about.

sassyrel

Reaction score
guyyysssssss--think about this-----the oil filter on your truck is 20 microns--your human hair is 60 microns-----small?? eh???? nowwwwwww--over the life of a 200,000 mile engine, if the oil is changed regularly------- have you ate allllll the babbitt out of the crank and rod bearings????????????????? no!!!so just how much metal you think is in that oil????????????? the only argument---is diesel oil--because it has carbon particles in it. and i would like to have a chemist tell me what size those particles are---------------and i dont think its "hard" carbon--as it would tear the babbitt out of bearings------

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
wouldent cars with extreemly low miles have more particles in them from the engines breaking in? either way the oil filter should be taking care of things like it is ment to do.

nightrunner84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoa, guys. Calm down.... I just meant that I'm taking low mileage oil, thats all. I'm smart enough not to take it from new cars. I like the stuff that comes out of 60k to 150k cars. I've posted a picture of my "pre-filter". Let the fuel filter on the truck take care of the rest.

Attachments

• 0424081307.jpg
    0424081307.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 102

jimmys f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not yet,,,am usin 75% now,,,,runs fine as wine on that,,,jus kinda hard startin,,,,,only got one tank that works,,,so have to start on that ,,,jus have to cycle glow plugs a coupla times,,,,,or plug in when its cold,,,,havent done it cold with 75%,,usually bout 50%then,,,,seen a video of usin white mineral spirits to thin it down,,,,,so am gonna try it,,,right now i use a lil winterizer in it to thin it,,,,poured some in my 856 though,,,,almost was ready to run out so poured some in 100%,, was a lil left in tank and it kepta runnin,,,seems to really like it,,,

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where are people getting filter heads from, im kinda at a lose with these kinda parts. Would i be able to get one from like autozone or do i need to order it online. Im also looking for a better way to get the oil into the tank of the truck. Im looking at getting the fuel containers moto guys do. The clear plastic ones with the really long filler necks. Now i just need about 20 gallons worth.

sassyrel

Reaction score
the pump i use came off a pre post pepsi setup--look on ebay under procon--sometimes you can buy the pump and the electric motor together--it doesnt pump fast--2 1/2 gal a minute--but that way you arent pushing hard thru the filters either--and--if the one you buy has a pressure relief--SET IT DOWN!!!!!!! the one i had went past 125 real fast when it plugged--and blew a ford filter apart!!!!!! nice mess!!!!!!:rolleyes: filter heads-- i got mine where i get the filters from--fleetguard--and i believe the head was like 20 clams---

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
107 posts--and you get in my face--get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just told you what i experienced--know it all---

easy there - i have no interest in getting in your face believe me - just making a point about what i have learned about running waste oil with these pumps and i don't think the amount of posts really matters as much as the amount of miles - and i just made the point about the electric pumps because it is a known fact that they are not as strong, with thicker fuels at least, as the mechanical ones unless you get a really expensive one.

Paul

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used used transformor oil in my diesel 89 7.3 n/a. at 100 percent. it was clean and it was thin. it even make my trk feel like it had more power. till i figured out how it gave my trk more power. the engine was WORE OUT. i ran 3 55 gallon drums through the engine with no problems so when its back up and running i will be using it again. it took some water while 4wheeling and it blew the headgasket but i will be swapping it into my f350 anyways so i was going to rebuild it anyways. my trk has the factory pump still on it and it was fine. the fuel filter light came on one time while running it with the oil but i looked at the filter and it was old anyways. i cant wait to get that trk done so i can be able to afford to drive again

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
At 30% WMO my truck is hard to start when it's handy to 0*C unplugged....It took a little cranking to get it to fire last night after work but it takes right off plugged in....Almost feels like it had air in the IP....Another thing I noticed too - When my truck is running at high idle with the timing advanced (cold unplugged start) it smokes (black) from idle up through the rpm range...As soon as the high idle kicks off I don't get black smoke until I hit about 2200rpm under a heavy pedal and not as much of it either....Wierd....Diesel is still $1.40/L here.

http://www.halifaxgasprices.com/index.aspx?fuel=D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance