100% WMO?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Paint strainers that I have been using from NAPA run about 220 microns.
70% at those 45% degree temps shouldn't affect much. I've gotten away with 75% but anything over that and ya gotta hit the GP's a couple of times.

sassyrel

Reaction score
Paint strainers that I have been using from NAPA run about 220 microns.
70% at those 45% degree temps shouldn't affect much. I've gotten away with 75% but anything over that and ya gotta hit the GP's a couple of times.
dsl--with your truck filter being 5 microns--i hope you dont get something tooooo large thru there--youll get stuck filters fast--and it only takes a few minutes at highway throttle to clear out the lines of diesel when you switch--or a heavy throttle app!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
dsl--with your truck filter being 5 microns--i hope you dont get something tooooo large thru there--youll get stuck filters fast--and it only takes a few minutes at highway throttle to clear out the lines of diesel when you switch--or a heavy throttle app!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naw, I filter it down to 15 microns. So far I've only got into trouble once but that was a 100% mix, a wee bit too cool out operating on a stock system.

The paint strainers I use on the inital filter to get the big chunks out. Usually not too many since I've got enough to rotate thru a few cubies that set for 2 weeks.
Then heat it up to cook off any residual water then as it's cooling down I run it thru the 15 micron filter.

I've got plenty of old jeans and since I'm ampping up the fleet to 2 veggie burners here right quick, I'm gonn try the ole Levi Strauss filter method.;Sweet

nightrunner84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I just thought about something. Does anyone that runs WMO have a pryo on their truck? I'm wondering if theres any issues with EGT's. Definatly while towing.

sassyrel

Reaction score
yes, ive got pyro--and no--no noticeable diff in exhaust temps---course i dont run loaded enough to get it really high--the last time i was heavy loaded--i was only running 50% then---i believe--tho havent proved it--it should run cooler--as you dont have the sudden explosion--i/e the wmo at 100% doesnt really explode--more of a delayed burn---

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys got me sportin wood! I'm still tryin to hunt pieces down to do a wvo setup on my tow truck. Now I see that I can run front tank-dino, rear tank-wmo, and belly tank-wvo. what will make this nice not having to do an elaborate setup for wmo. Also if I needed to thin wmo for winter I could use off-road-dino. Another reason I like this is not having to worry about the seals in my stock switch system. I'll be visiting my buddy at Jiffy lube today :)

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
We went from WMO to WVO? who is using what and filtering how?:confused:cookoo

im running wmo my filtration set up is a 20 gallon air tank on wheels i pressurize the tank with 20psi constant pressure it pushes the oil through a fleetgaurd waterseperator fs1000 10 micron then through and ff 5319 2 micron i like to filter it as much as possible out side of the truck so i dont clog up my filter going down the road my system is similar to bigrigtech he has pics some where around here i dont rember where though

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, I just thought about something. Does anyone that runs WMO have a pryo on their truck? I'm wondering if theres any issues with EGT's. Definatly while towing.

Sure can be. I run a lot of transmission fluid with my WMO mix. That can push the EGT's up pretty good.

dansvan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying WMO out on mine. 70/30 mix is the most I've tried. Not much different in EGT's in normal driving. Haven't towed with it yet.

As for switching back and forth between tanks- You won't be able to keep the pure dieel tank pure for very long unless you run manual switching valves for both the feed and return lines. The electric ones switch both immediately and you pump the leftover WMO mix into the pure diesel tank that was left in the lines and filters. Over time it will build up.

nightrunner84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a good point about the switching tanks. Mine got kinda hard to start until I ran my "diesel" tank out and filled it back up. That also made me think about what the WMO is doing to the glow plugs. Do you think that the extra carbon in the fuel might be building up on the plugs? Would that complicate changing them later?

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have buildup on your glow plugs then it might take a little more effort to pull them out of the engine. Then you can clean them with a wire brush and reuse them, after testing them of course.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you pull the plugs you will see White ash on the tips. mine was built up pretty good, enough that I scraped some off pulling the plug out. I cant say if this is a good or bad thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online