So what did you do with your truck today?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
What year and trim is your truck? I have never seen a panel like that, looks much different than my 91 F-Super Duty Custom, or any bricknose panel that I’ve seen
I also have the same one in my truck. I moved it over from a 1988 xlt lariat

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
That is an 87, early 88 panel. They had a separate button for A/C (the little square in the middle). I think they tried that im most of the vehicles around that time frame., I had a friend that had a Ford f-in Ranger from about that same time, and it had the A/C button. I remember seeing an Excort that way too… but it was only a year or two, then they went back to the more “normal” setup, that it was one of the positions on the register selector….

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I'm definitely part of the ac button club, I prefer it that way. They are wired differently too, found that out when I dropped mine in.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a brand new HVAC control panel on ebay
You must be registered for see images attach

That Tail Light in the picture is the one used around 90 for a yr or 2. It throws the
Reverse lights out to the side, instead of just to the rear.
Put a set of those in my 86 along with LED Bulbs. really makes a difference.
Especially out here in Nevada at night, darker than a Black Cat.

First noticed them at PNP. Now with their price increases, almost cheaper to buy new
Chicom one`s.

Goat

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Made it to the coast.

Driving over the Cascade mountain range, she got a little warm. Ambient temps were about 76f, but pulling those steep grades, egts sat comfortably at about 800f most of the time. The coolant temp however kept creeping up on me, hottest it got on the steepest grade, where I dropped it into 3rd going about 35mph, was 225f. Once I peaked over the crest I coasted down the hill and she cooled down to 188f right away. Only time it got that hot.
Maybe its time to upgrade from a 3 core to 4 core radiator....

Tell you what though, sure is AMAZING being able to accelerate to meet the speed of traffic by the time the freeway on ramps end!!!

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely part of the ac button club, I prefer it that way. They are wired differently too, found that out when I dropped mine in.
What all had to be changed?

I certainly think that I would like it better too, seems these panels are rather available on Ebay, I might just have to do that…

And just like that y’all helped me spend more money. Lol all good as usual

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
What all had to be changed?

I certainly think that I would like it better too, seems these panels are rather available on Ebay, I might just have to do that…

And just like that y’all helped me spend more money. Lol all good as usual
If I remember right just the fan speed switch wiring is a little different, rest was plug and play

DougBoy66

Reaction score
Things that I have learned on this build, CRC EvapoRust is amazing voodoo juice. An overnight soak and 15 minutes with a bristle brush did this to what was as rusty of a part as you can get

This sprayer from HF is awesome! Fill it with bulk WD40, Blaster, or, here I have acetone in this one. (They say dont use solvents. I consider that a dare to my industrial firefighting and HAZMAT training)Makes easy clean up. I am going to get another when they are on sale again

A good set of torque wrenches are invaluable.

As are a good set of 12 point sockets.

Oh yeah, don't get too attached to having money in you bank account

DougBoy66

Reaction score
I also learned this trick for taping some hard parts. Heads , this coolant hose mount. Alot of you probably already know this but I didn't. Just cover the surface you want taped off

Then take a rubber mallet like the small one like I have here or something similar and tap the sharp edges of the piece and remove the excess tape

It leaves a nice clean edge and is so much easier and faster than trying to use an exacto knife

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1wonton

Members online