So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
CRC EvapoRust is amazing voodoo juice
Yes it is. A friend of mine recommends Metal Rescue. He says that it's available at Home Depot. I haven't tried it or even tried to find it, but since he owns a body shop, I'll take that as a good recommendation.
(They say dont use solvents. I consider that a dare to my industrial firefighting and HAZMAT training)
Some of those don't hold up to solvents very well. If it comes from Harbor Freight, and they say to not use petroleum based cleaners, then it probably won't hold up to them.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started installing bypass, also flushing whole ac system individually. Some chunks in the filter.

Hoping compressor feels up to another few years of service haha

Attachments

• 20240629_193158.jpg
    20240629_193158.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240626_164547.jpg
    20240626_164547.jpg
    452 KB · Views: 7

DougBoy66

Reaction score
Some of those don't hold up to solvents very well. If it comes from Harbor Freight,
I did get it from there, so far so good with acetone. I have refilled it a couple time but If it fails I will update about it. It also say do not use water based cleaners most likely because it would rust the insides

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I decided to power wash the 86 engine etc....
I have a Hotsy 555SS, burns Kerosene to heat the water, temp goes up to 200F or so
adjusting the thermostat.
It really blast`s of the crud. Started on top first and worked down.
Took a bit to get the krap out of the valley Pan, there is a drain just aft of the CDR.
Square hole in a plug which drains down back of engine. used a stiff wire to open it up, blast some more etc... Finally got her open.
Pass side VC leaks pretty good, so the Starter is the usual mess.
Got underneeth and blasted it good.
Great to get the mess cleaned up from the Power Steering leaks over the years.

I need some type of a Ramp to get the truck high enough.
Was thinking of one of those Car Dealer ramps they have 4X4 trucks on, should get her high enough. Got what I could on the bottom side, ended up with more krap on me than the truck LOL.

Last week did a spare 6.9 & 7.3, lot easier when you have the engine hanging on a chain under the Loader Bucket.
Did 2 of my MB Diesels and the JD 950......Iam on a roll...LOL

I picked this thing up for $750 off CL back in 2015, had dealer check it over etc.....
Said was a killer deal. Were over $4K back then and now over $5K.
Saw one on CL in Colorado Springs, Co for $1400 couple weeks ago.

OH, I go to start the engine, and it didn`t sound good. Sounded like the Started wasn`t engaging, just turning...HMMM
Got a piece of 6 gauge wire stripped on both ends, and jumped the Starter relay, same sound....then I see what the problem is. Dim whit forgot to take off the cover I made for the intake. Wasn`t getting air. Get in the cab, and she starts right up,, but revs high for a second and settles down. Guess the extra fuel in the cylinders was the reason.
Big cloud of smoke and clears up.
It`s always those little things that get`s us.....

Hopefully next week I can install the R&D Injection Pump and Injectors I bought 5+ years ago. Still in the box they came in.
Looks like the whole week is open w/o any one s c r e w i n g thing`s up...

Goat

Last edited:

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive got the lowest mileage idi out of all y'all, 6 whole miles!

You must be registered for see images attach
How many times has it rolled over?

Oh and, if you want, I can send you a refurbished instrument cluster, with freshly painted needles, and fully functional gauges and lights.

Core required, can send afterwards, $50 core charge. Multiple available, gas and diesel bricknose clusters

No additional charge to forum members, core charge is refunded when I received the core

PM me if you have more questions or if you are interested

Last edited:

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I appreciate the offer, at the moment all my gauges work and so do all the lights.

This is the first time it's rolled over. Originally bought the engine with only 72k on it about 12 years ago. I don't drive it much.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Please excuse the horrible lighting…

I drove around and gathered stuff up today, never got around to it yesterday, too busy, and then this evening I painted my air cleaner housing and got decals installed.

Not the best, but much better than it was

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan

Members online

No members online now.