Project Stress Test

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol what's the fan for?
I tried Aaron’s fan and with no fan, same temp outside, and the air it moved around the block and heads showed a slower climb in temp & certainly validates it’s benefits. I didn’t end up running with it. Engine kept stalling after coming off WOT so have to figure that out tomorrow. Despite stalling almost every hit came in 5th out of 18. Working on trying to get her back together by this Saturday for another run.
You must be registered for see images attach

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried Aaron’s fan and with no fan, same temp outside, and the air it moved around the block and heads showed a slower climb in temp & certainly validates it’s benefits. I didn’t end up running with it. Engine kept stalling after coming off WOT so have to figure that out tomorrow. Despite stalling almost every hit came in 5th out of 18. Working on trying to get her back together by this Saturday for another run.
You must be registered for see images attach

If you're running the mechanical pump, I'd bet it's some odd dynamic about a bunch of pressing on the IP and then little pressure causing a mysterious air bubble. If it's an electric fuel pump, id just turn it up! Other than that, rub the car down with icy hot. That's what Shaq does.

And HEY, great job coming in 5th!

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're running the mechanical pump, I'd bet it's some odd dynamic about a bunch of pressing on the IP and then little pressure causing a mysterious air bubble. If it's an electric fuel pump, id just turn it up! Other than that, rub the car down with icy hot. That's what Shaq does.

And HEY, great job coming in 5th!
Thanks man - it’s a Holley red pump and a new IP tweaked for this use case. Pretty sure metering valve is sticking. Also adjusting a couple other things regarding return vent and I knocked out the regulator fitting like the big pumps run now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty

Members online