idi help

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
ANYONE? hah just broke down and took it to the shop :confused:
at 100 bucks an hour they are gonna look at it for one hour and call me. i will let you knw with results

Last edited:

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
UPDATE. the mechanice who is s"suposibly" good with the old stuf played with the timeing a bit and tested my old injector. the old injector was good but the nock on the number 5 is still there. and he said he is clueless. but if his monewy was anywhere he would start by calling the pump place and seeing if it could be bad. this is a brand new baby moose pump and i know they are highly renound but could there be one defective one? i mean everyone makes a dud now and then lol and would a single cylinder knock at high rpm or under load be cuase by a bad pump? help please

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
Does it knock with the injector line nut loose?

No it does not. thats how i narrowed it down to the number 5 cylinder. i originaly thought it was the injector so ireplaced it with a brand new one and still. just had them tested and they tested good

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I saw one that did that exactly.
Ended up being a busted piston skirt.
Not saying that's what it is, but it doesn't seem fuel related.
Unless you somehow put the wrong line on.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
I saw one that did that exactly.
Ended up being a busted piston skirt.
Not saying that's what it is, but it doesn't seem fuel related.
Unless you somehow put the wrong line on.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

would there be a way to test if it is a busted puston skirt? and it onlky primarily did it after the new pump install. and like mentiond. cracking the line taking the fuel pressure away removes the nock.

and may i add advanceing the timing seemd to help a little bit. so while i was there he advanced it more. and just got worse again
and like i said it doesnt doo it at idle. in park when i creep up in rpms it aint as bad as if i just goose it a little. and just taking off putting stress on the engine cuases it

Last edited: