Engine bolt torque specs needed

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bolts on the cam plate use standard torque for the fastener size according to my manual. In this case 5/16 bolt gets 14 ft/lb. Oil squirters are 7 ft/lb with blue loctite. I wasn't sure about the loctite but when I cleaned the bolts they had some sort of thread locker residue from factory.

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what I thought, so I tightened them to 14lbs... I hope I don't have to take this Engine apart again cause the squirters got red loctight and 9lbs torqe. The rotating assembly is in and tight. I'm going on 2 weeks vacation with the wife.( Road trip to NV and AZ.) When I get back I will get a little farther along and then I will start my engine swap thread.. This engine is going into my class a MotorHome.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So far what I'm reading about the red loctite and the torques are fine. Yes.. Removing the oil squiters next time will be tuff but before then if you could tell us what red loctite you used it would help us know. They make a red 271 and a 277 by my charts. Probably make more reds than that but thats what I have...

genscripter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the torque specs for the front and rear plate bolts? Also, what is the torque spec for oil pump mounts?