Dodge 3500 towing

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
with the whine of a vacuum and ghostly burbly rumble of… hell? Or something from another frickin dimension… no idea why they sound like they do… an almost alive, creepy sound…
They sound ok as long as they have a muffler. I don't care whether it's a Dodge or Ford, a V10 without a muffler just sounds HORRIBLE to me.
And really, affordable as well.
It just may be what comes up for me, but on FB Marketplace, the 7,3 PSDs seem to go for around twice or more than a IDI does. Those are asking prices. I have no idea what they sell for.

KansasIDI

I hate printers
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They sound ok as long as they have a muffler. I don't care whether it's a Dodge or Ford, a V10 without a muffler just sounds HORRIBLE to me.

It just may be what comes up for me, but on FB Marketplace, the 7,3 PSDs seem to go for around twice or more than a IDI does. Those are asking prices. I have no idea what they sell for.
The power strokes are a little bit more expensive to purchase and maintain, but all in all they are pretty decent bang for the buck

Last edited:

94turbocrewcab-lb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve owned three 7.3 psd vehicles and they almost never broke down or needed much of anything. They all leaked a bit of oil but they also all have 175k+ on them.

I almost never saw the need for more power and it felt much more stable and stout compared to my idi truck.