Can our IDIs use a Powerstroke tach?

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this on the full size bronco site, copying it in here for reference.
Ford part numbers are pretty easy for pre-97 stuff.

First digit denotes decade. F is 90s, E is 80s, D70s, etc

Second digit is the last digit of the year. So F6 means 1996. F2 is 1992.

Third digit denotes what production class. A for automobile, T for Truck, Z for a service part.

Fourth digit is pretty much useless for us. However, if you see a Z in the FOURTH slot, that means it was an SVO/SVT/Race part.

The next few digits refer to a specific part type. All distributors, whether from the 60s or 90s, will have the same 12127 part number.

The next one or two letters denote revisions to the part from testing.

Now the last part. These part numbers refer not to when it was produced, but for what model year it was for, and any subsequent years until a new part was needed. So an F2TF PSOM will be used in a 93 and 94 and so on until they needed to make a drastic change
from here https://www.fullsizebronco.com/threads/what-year-model-is-this-gauge-cluster.528574/

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I got what is supposed to be a diesel pickup cluster with tach and speedo. The speedo part number is FU2 rather than FT2, otherwise the same as the van's. I'll start working out the wiring differences to jam it in.

In the mean time, I've stuck the speedo from the cluster into the van, and will send the van speedo out for repair. Anyone have a recommendation for where to send it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
echosmith88

Members online