bad glow plugs or relay?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just make sure the Black wire on the controller has a good ground. Controller won't cycle if it's not,

90f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FIXED!! WTS light works and fires right up without the pedal being touched!! Heck yea! Thanks everyone for your help!

mikepotts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick test: Use a cheap test light (bulb style not led) hook the clip to bat. positive terminal, remove the wire from a glow plug and touch the tester to the actual glow plug. If it lights up that one is good. Wiring must be disconnected from the glow plug to be tested. It's usually one or two dead ones.

Sent by wing, prayer & ATT

my GP system is doing the 2 sec on thing also, just did this test all my plugs checked good so im gonna start by replacing the relay.

90f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well. In my opinion, id rather spend!$85 and 30 minutes.at autozone than over $100 andtwo hours on glowplugs..just my .02

mikepotts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well. In my opinion, id rather spend!$85 and 30 minutes.at autozone than over $100 andtwo hours on glowplugs..just my .02

LOL... i hear ya, got plans with the family for spring break mon and tues, but wed im gonna install the relay and return lines ive got coming.