What mixes the best in cold weather with wmo, RUG, KERRO, #1 Diesel

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With your own experiences in mind what do you think mixes the best with wmo, gasoline (RUG), KERRO, or
#1 Diesel.
With colder weather on the way just curious what everyone is doing.
BTW, no heating with the mixing, just cold mixing or filtering.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I don't really change my mix for winter when i plug in every night. You're a bit farther north though so you might cut it a bit more...

I'd try a 75/25 oil/k-1 mix then cut it again with diesel when it goes in the truck...

IDIMAN94

Reaction score
Lasy year i ran 70 wmo/30 diesel. This year i have tryed 75 wmo/25 K1, 70 wmo/15 diesel/15 rug which both have been good so far.
But today i ran 80 wmo/10 diesel/10 rug on a 500 mile trip pulling a trailer and offroad buggy. Crossed a scale in new york weighing 19,100. It smoked a little more but still had tons of power. Outside times were anywhere from 25F to 40F.

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last batch I did was 2/3 WO, mostly motor with some ATF, and 1/3 old/stale gas. The gas was years old. It was still too thick to start without being plugged in. I'm going back to the 50/50 mix I tried in the summer. It already looks too thick now that the temp has dropped. I will probably switch back to diesel start up and shut downs by January.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I don't usually have a problem with any of my mixes once it's running and warmed up. The problem lies in getting the truck started in the first place.

I had to put a little diesel in my truck to thin the fuel out cause it didnt want to start with a cold engine. Yes, all my glow plugs work, but my truck has always started kinda hard cold....