Turning radius--crew cab vs super cab

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
obs dana 60 axles turn tighter than a obs dana 50 axle, but you wont get the full turning capabilities unless you also swap in a f350 pitman arm from a obs

The Newer 05+ axles turn sharper than previous axles, and the 11, or 13 axles turn sharper than 05.
I have a super cab, and wow a dana 60 with the corresponding pitman arm is incredible! I can make turns other super cabs will do a 3pt turn on. When backing a trailer, I can actually turn tighter than the trailer, It makes backing up way better.
Show off! (I'm so jealous!)

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a kingpin 60 super cab, that is worse than a ball joint one at trying to turn on a dime. You basically have to plot out parking and backing into a spot is easyer to do when not much room, also the slower you go the better radius can be had. I did not pick the axle for how well it steers, I got for being low maintenance, easy to service and the mono light ride it gives.

That's one I can agree with, if you don't like the way I drive then stay off the sidewalk.

Well the sidewalk dose provide the needed room to whip the noise out, to back into a driveway on a narow street or maybe enough space on wide road without going austin powers to change directions.

All I know is that I try to park in the WAY back of any parking lots with my Blue Truck. It's just easier that way. It's also less crowded there too.

This is a good answer and there is no need to rush around with the crowd at the front of the lot.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I know is that I try to park in the WAY back of any parking lots with my Blue Truck. It's just easier that way. It's also less crowded there too.

This is a good answer and there is no need to rush around with the crowd at the front of the lot.

SO MUCH YES. GAH the people that drive right in front of the stupid Home Depot/Grocery Store/Costco and just wait for some sloth to put their crap away to get the gold-plated spot so they don't have to walk from their air-conditioned car to the air-conditioned store more that 25ft drive me nuts...God forbid we burn a calorie using our legs for something besides sitting!

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@1mouse3 post up a picture of your pitman arm, im wondering if it isnt still a dana 50 pitman arm. Because I have driven a truck with the wrong pitman, and the turning radius is just as bad as a ttb axle, But for me the difference was night and day, with a d60 and the right arm, Even my wife noticed how much tighter it turns

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@1mouse3 post up a picture of your pitman arm, im wondering if it isnt still a dana 50 pitman arm. Because I have driven a truck with the wrong pitman, and the turning radius is just as bad as a ttb axle, But for me the difference was night and day, with a d60 and the right arm, Even my wife noticed how much tighter it turns

Im using this 3in drop pitman...

With this 3in drop for the track bar.

This is pics of the steering parts and I do get chipping pain from the stops, so think it makes a full turn.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty