THSIM9’s 1991 F250 Project

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I converted to serp belt for that very reason. The less fab work I have to do the happier I am.

THSIM9

Reaction score
I converted to serp belt for that very reason. The less fab work I have to do the happier I am.

I would like to do this someday. How did you tackle it? Did you get a donor engine or just buy all the components new?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I would like to do this someday. How did you tackle it? Did you get a donor engine or just buy all the components new?
Facebook marketplace and Craigslist mostly.
I actually have an almost complete set to do another serpentine setup, the tensioner peg hole needs repaired in the one bracket, and the vac pump pulley is missing, but if you're interested in it you're welcome to it

THSIM9

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas or information on the best place to put the port for the boost gauge? I’m using a CDD intercooler and V-banded intake manifold and there is no provision for a sender. I was thinking in the cold side piping right above the V-band, I think I can weld a bung on there for the tube to run my mechanical gauge.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas or information on the best place to put the port for the boost gauge? I’m using a CDD intercooler and V-banded intake manifold and there is no provision for a sender. I was thinking in the cold side piping right above the V-band, I think I can weld a bung on there for the tube to run my mechanical gauge.
That’s where I put mine on a truck that had the same components

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's were I have mine, too. I didn't want to bother welding the thin SS so I just drilled it, tapped it gently and set the 1/8 NPT with RTV. No issues after years.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Mine is tapped to the fitting where the wastegate line normally hooks up to, but since don't need the wastegate...

THSIM9

Reaction score
Still plugging along getting stuff put back together. Got the serpentine setup from @Nero installed minus the power steering pump and vacuum pump. Hood is back on, cooling system is completely back together. Fixed my parking brake linkage, and started to layout my custom gauge setup.

The progress these days is a lot less **** than when I was putting the engine together or bolting on the turbo and other goodies but we are getting closer to startup every time I work on it!
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• IMG_5529.jpeg
    IMG_5529.jpeg
    392.4 KB · Views: 2

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will need a temp gauge to see if you are running cool enough. With that aluminum radiator you should have no problem.

THSIM9

Reaction score
I have one. I just pulled 3 random 2 1/16 gauges out for layout. In the dash will be speed, tach, oil pressure, water temp, and volts, the pillar will be pyro, Boost and fuel level.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Oh dang, didnt waste any time installing that setup.
Was the tensioner bit hard to fix?

THSIM9

Reaction score
Oh dang, didnt waste any time installing that setup.
Was the tensioner bit hard to fix?
Not gonna lie I didn’t even notice anything wrong with it. I bought a tensioner and an idler pulley and bolted them on with no issues. The groove almost looked intentional so I left it. I haven’t put the belt on yet though so maybe it is going to cause an issue.

Luckily the father in law is a damn good welder and has multiple different machines so I’m sure we can get it fixed up if necessary. I can stick stuff together if i can use a mig machine but that’s the extent of my welding skill.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Bichn' hope it all goes off without a hitch. Looking good so far