Tank breather thingy

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no recollection where this rollover vent valve was found many moons ago, but its finaly time for show and tell since now have a gooder tank for the rear.

You must be registered for see images

It will tread into the given hole but not sure on sealing it. Is there room above this tank, so that a nut could be welded to the tank or dose some have a better ideal?

You must be registered for see images

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe this plug is the ticket? Your valve sure looks different than my oem one though

This valve is 1in nptf, so its the right size to thread into the given hole nice and tight. Dont think that oem will work out, since this is not pushed in. So what I could think up, would be get this nut to have it welded on or just put jb weld puddy around to maybe make it sealed up.

Why not just buy a replacement vent, they are like $20.

I would like the oem off the cab and chassis, so that the tank is not relying on a dinky vent hose like what came with this truck. This uses 5/8 hose for venting, so maybe can fill the tank faster without triping the nozzle. This was what past me found, to maybe be a substitute for that cab and chassis one.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe this plug is the ticket? Your valve sure looks different than my oem one though

I will think about it, might be posible to file down the threads to make a nipple but need to check how much material I have to work with. My above though might lead to a miserable time making work with fishing my mitts in a tight hole, this spud work but would need to try an find how much room is above the tank. So will look into this and think about best outcome.

1in npt weldable spud

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it threads in tight, I would thread it in place, and then slather some seal all on it to seal it. It's resistant to fuel and works well for sealing against fuel. Making that vent larger does help with filling speed.

You must be registered for see images attach

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it threads in tight, I would thread it in place, and then slather some seal all on it to seal it. It's resistant to fuel and works well for sealing against fuel. Making that vent larger does help with filling speed.

You must be registered for see images attach

Yes it threads in tight, so I will try that thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan

Staff online