Rotella oil deal

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually run conventional Delvac in my IDI but here's a sweet deal on Rotella synthetic.
I run this stuff in my dirtbikes and don't even mind paying full price since the volume is much lower than an IDI.
I'm gonna grab 2 gallons on this deal even though I hate dealing with rebates and gift cards.

Scroll to the top of the page if it starts you at the middle of the page.

Even cheaper if you have a Menards near you:

Last edited:

rreegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this legit? Never used slick deals before but coming up on an oil change on the tdi...

Oh nevermind it's local pickup and there aren't any Menards out west anywhoo

KansasIDI

I hate printers
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually run conventional Delvac in my IDI but here's a sweet deal on Rotella synthetic.
I run this stuff in my dirtbikes and don't even mind paying full price since the volume is much lower than an IDI.
I'm gonna grab 2 gallons on this deal even though I hate dealing with rebates and gift cards.

Scroll to the top of the page if it starts you at the middle of the page.

Even cheaper if you have a Menards near you:
That’s the oil I use

It seems like decent stuff.

I don’t know a lot about oil, but my Blackstone results with this stuff seem all right, so I’ll just keep using it

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this legit? Never used slick deals before but coming up on an oil change on the tdi...

Oh nevermind it's local pickup and there aren't any Menards out west anywhoo
The 1st link is for Walmart.
But it doesn't matter where you buy it. Find it as cheap as you can near you then send the receipts to Shell and they send you a gift card with the rebate on it.
Slickdeals is legit, but you're not doing anything with them in this instance. It's just between you, where you buy the oil, and Shell.

klook

Reaction score
At the risk of making this nice moderate oil thread a 20 page slugfest....How many are using a modern full syn 5-40 in a hot climate? I run it in my Ram 6.4 and 150000 miles and purrs like a kitten. But this is a (old)diesel and I am moderately old and have always heard to use a 15W. NO flaming please, just you opinions.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I normally stick to the heavier conventional oils on older equipment. I run delo 400 conventional 15w40 in my 83.

I do run 5w40 delo 400 full synthetic in my wife's 00 powerstroke. It has 320k on what appears to be 6 original injectors and won't start cold without lighter synthetic oil.

James

KansasIDI

I hate printers
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the risk of making this nice moderate oil thread a 20 page slugfest....How many are using a modern full syn 5-40 in a hot climate? I run it in my Ram 6.4 and 150000 miles and purrs like a kitten. But this is a (old)diesel and I am moderately old and have always heard to use a 15W. NO flaming please, just you opinions.
Well it’s been about 100 degrees around here and I went and pulled 20k lbs on Saturday with my 91, other than an annoying little leak out of my fuel pump gasket, the oil seems to be keeping it lubricated. The synthetic stuff, especially 5W40 is designed for temperature extremes, gets pretty cold here in winter, and when I switched to synthetic oil, I did notice a difference in ease of cold starts

klook

Reaction score
I despise not having cupholders but I missed that gem of a thread.
I have been using synthetic oil since the late 70's. I just have not had a diesel truck, only tractors, skidders.