Random surging while driving

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Just hoping ISPKI would write the last chapter of this book!

Thanks for reminding me to update this.

So, I bypassed the FSV.

I separated the fuel lines connected to the FSV, middle fuel tank and to the lift pump. I added a short length of C-210-A Fluoroelastomer hose to the end fittings and then plumbed a run of NiCopp hardline connecting the fuel return and Lift pump to the tank.

Restrained the line in all the factory locations. Kind of disappointing since whoever installed the OEM FSV also installed brand new stainless steel hardlines. Almost looks like they were done by a ford dealer - the lines all have FoMoCo tags on them along with labels for "tank 1 supply" "tank 1 return" etc.

The truck now starts fast, runs smooth, no hiccups or surging. We have had some severe storms up in my neck of the woods over this past month and the ole slug has been working hard hauling away downed trees. I have done maybe 8 truck loads in June so far. Heres a shot of the last load of oak from a tree job next town over.

Only problem now is that I have no way to access my rear tank. Also! my fuel gauge suddenly stopped working last week. Not sure if the FSV is just completely shot internally or if the tank sender just decided to quite suddenly. It was working fine after I bypassed the FSV around a month ago but the gauge started floating around and now just sits on E all the time even with a full tank. Probably going to jumper the connection and bypass the FSV for that as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
I doubt that I'll go through 2. Of course I'm a lot farther south than you are.
Ah yeah. I usually fire up the stove in October sometime and usually once it fires up, it stays mostly wide open until late March so maybe 5 to 6 months. My goal is to never have the furnace actually kick on. It will at night in the dead of winter but I can still get around a year and a half out of a tank of propane, even running the hot water, clothes drier, and the oven with it.

My last IDI probably hauled a total of around 120ish cords of firewood in the 5 or 6 years that I had it and this one has done maybe 40 in the last two years or so. I think I need a trailer now that I think about it...

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I think I need a trailer now that I think about it...
I like to use one. You can haul more at one time. That's handy if you have very far to go. A trailer also means that you can be lazy and not unload it right away if you want to.