Power steering issuess

Jonnyboy0859

Reaction score
Alright folks, I have been struggling for many days now. I have been using Facebook for help and I think they’ve grown tired of me so here I am.

I have recently replaced my entire power steering system. New pump, new high pressure line, new low pressure line, and new red head gear box.
Here’s my issue, I can’t get the darn fluid to stay in the system. If it doesn’t leak here, it leaks there.
The return line is finally in check and not leaking anywhere. After finding that I got a faulty pump and high pressure hose from Oreillys, I replaced both of those for new ones, still from oreillys since they just traded me for ones that work. And now I’ve gotten rid of all leaks…except one.
Where the high pressure steering hose, goes into the pump (technically it goes into the valve that then goes into the pump.)
i can’t seam to get that leak to go away. I put the little o ring in the valve, and started tightening the high pressure hose and it was a freaking pain to get on there. My thought is that the o ring I put i side the valve where the hose sits, wasn’t actually supposed to be there. There is a oring around the flange nut that holds the hose to the pump and I think that was the only one that’s supposed to be there. Is that correct?