Possible new truck, won't start?

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got her home and gave her a bath...At 8 O' Clock at night! Put power to the block heater and stuck the charger on it. Changed the filter, added Seafoam to the tank, and ATF and seafoam to the filter.

Started cracking fuel lines(LOVE having the proper tool for it, works awesome) Got juice out of 7 of them(Not touching the last one, compression fitting is cracked), she's hitting, but not quite hard enough.

Figured I better let it breath or I would burn up the starter(More). So she is charging and heating tonight, and we'll see what happens when I get home tomorrow.

I am far too excited right now.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, we are doing a job in aloha, I need your address .Text it. Can come over to help. Ive got extra starters.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What line has the cracked fitting. Every cylinder has a number cast into the intake port where the 2 bolts are. Easy if you clean off the road dirt. Or this. All on the drivers side are even numbers. 2-4-6-8 back to the firewall. So its odd on the passenger side. 1-3-5-7 at the firewall. I have several sets of lines here both new and used. Its gamblers choice. This offer is made to anyone wanting a line or a spare set.:sly PM me with requests please.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, while I'm waiting for a starter from Russ(Thank you, btw), I had an interesting question posed to me, and that was, can you wire the batteries in series to boost starter current up to 24v to get it started, without blowing anything else up?

What say you?

Cliffs: 88 F250 7.3L Auto. Can it take 24v to starter?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, and im still working tonight ,********.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha! Damn.

They are really cracking the whip huh? that's a bummer. I'm around. If you give me enough head's up, I'll order some pizza!

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UN-*******-Believable. A starter from Russ, and it still won't go. I think the filter head is clogged as well, because my little Facet lift pump isn't pushing anything into the filter. I can get fuel at the lines, but it won't pop even if I top off the filter.

I should have had the damn towtruck driver stick it in the garage, because now I'm really irritated, it's getting cold!

I need to do a comp test at this point because this is ridiculous.

/Rant off.

I wanted a small project....

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clean the fuel system first and then do the comp test, if it dont get fuel it wont run
Dumb question, is the pump in the right way?:dunno

hallgren87idi

Reaction score
I couldnt get mine goin with ether once so I got a rag and ppoured a little gas on it and huffed it that way. Just dont let the rag get sucked in you gotta hold it good. Needless to say it takes 2 people. Its a shot in the dark but it wont hurt it worked for me

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was pretty torqued, mostly because I was hungry. Had some food, went at it again. GP system is worthless, block heater is worthless, 50k BTU heater under the engine is worthless. Did get the fuel bypass system worked out and I could hear it filling the filter. I ditched the Facet pump.
(fuel jug->Squeeze ball->Mech. Lift pump->Filter)

I even tried the GP's with some of my good ones, no dice, I'll have to replace everything after I get it running.

Good batteries are a must! I need a bigger charger. It's pretty close, maybe tomorrow before the sun goes down with some combination of a heat gun and a gas-soaked rag I can make her purr. She's on the charger now.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a waste. Got tired of it today and pulled out the comp tester. Cyl #6 is at 400 PSI, Cyl#2 is at 200.

Anyone need parts?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes