Ok lets beat this horse

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again.....
standyne lists a metric * * * * of factory authorized rebuilders, but doesn’t list justin.
Everyone parrots the same 3 guys,
( down to the 1) but that's life.
r&d is in Gillette Wy. Corect???
Anyone else in our cosmos?
Thanx boys
Ps
I bleeped myself **** grin

Last edited:

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To answer OP, when I needed a pump a year or two ago neither Russ or Justin had them in stock. I checked daily for a month or two until I got to where I couldn’t wait anymore. I searched for recommendations among the GM 6.2 crowd because they also use DB2 pumps, and ended up using badger diesel. The website is crap and outdated, but if you call the guy he will answer and the price and turnaround we’re good. I think I paid $650 + core, the truck is running good.

I would also recommend looking for agricultural repair shops. There are tons of tractors that run DB rotary pumps and lots of shops that repair them. I didn’t think to go this route when I needed a pump, but I’ll expand my search next time.

Oldstock14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you’re wanting to go with Justin but there’s none in stock, I’d definitely reach out to him. I recently spoke with him over email for a few weeks and ordered a RD2-90 from him. Finally went into the truck today and I’ll say he’s earned a permanent customer in me. Truck runs so much better now and I won’t buy a pump from anybody else going forward unless I absolutely have too.

Oldstock14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll also add, Justin confirmed to me that he only uses genuine Stanadyne parts in his pumps. Don’t know about other rebuilders.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was really hoping to keep my 60k pump and get it rebuilt, as I figured it is less worn than one rebuilt several times, however Justin said no to that, so 90 cc or turbo spec?
no head studs bone stock 93 7.3
Fwiw are we talking Mel's Conestoga diesel pumps or the new moose company?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Conestoga renamed to moose diesel.
It says right on Justin's site run at your own risk without studs on the 90cc pump. Even moose says that on their website. If you question it, get an 80, unless you plan to head stud?

Oldstock14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was really hoping to keep my 60k pump and get it rebuilt, as I figured it is less worn than one rebuilt several times, however Justin said no to that, so 90 cc or turbo spec?
no head studs bone stock 93 7.3
Fwiw are we talking Mel's Conestoga diesel pumps or the new moose company?
I’m running a 90 on my 6.9, studded. It’s not turbo’d yet and it blows smoke like an 1800s locomotive. I have to baby it so I don’t see higher than 1200 degrees. Gonna turn it down a flat and see where I’m at. If you’re not running studs, Id just go with an 80, imo. I’d rather be getting ‘too little fuel’ and not melt pistons then run too much and accidentally do some damage cuz I wasn’t watching the pyro like a hawk. That’s my two cents.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True
Went there on the 88 with banks and a junior.
Worked great except for the egts

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m running a 90 on my 6.9, studded. It’s not turbo’d yet and it blows smoke like an 1800s locomotive. I have to baby it so I don’t see higher than 1200 degrees. Gonna turn it down a flat and see where I’m at. If you’re not running studs, Id just go with an 80, imo. I’d rather be getting ‘too little fuel’ and not melt pistons then run too much and accidentally do some damage cuz I wasn’t watching the pyro like a hawk. That’s my two cents.
Turn it down two flats. You should be right where you want to be

Reactions: Clb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1wonton

Members online