Not an idi but... got the recovery rig goin!

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
slapped a new IP on yesterday and it fired up first try after chargin batteries and primin the injectors, fuel is at least 3 years old to boot! Figure I'll need this when I finish my 4wd conversion...:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmaocookoo

The tires are 6' tall for a perspective, and full of water/antifreeze.;Sweet

You must be registered for see images attach

Then I installed a sound system;Sweet

If yall are wondering this beast is a 1960something John Deer 5010, I know not all of yall are big fans of the green machines(i'm not either) but we can all appreciate an old diesel being resurrected, though I would share the pics.

Oh and that yellow can is wasp spray, they are bad here! probably 500 shot out of the muffler dead and covered in black soot when it kicked off, then dirt dobber nests slung around through the engine fan slinging debris everywhere!:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao Oh well, it's alive once more.

Eason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a big hunk of iron. Made M & W a lot of money. Stock it took most of it's horsepower to move itself arround. Was a BIG tractor in it's day. Eason

Midwest_Mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we're showin pictures of old tractors? let me dig around for some of the resurrections we've done. up here people toss their broken down tractors into their groves, leave em set 30-40 years, then my uncle goes and snatches em up and makes em run like a ***** ape. i remember a couple of em where we had to use a breaker bar with a 10' iron pipe on it to get the engine to free up.

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
That's a big hunk of iron. Made M & W a lot of money. Stock it took most of it's horsepower to move itself arround. Was a BIG tractor in it's day. Eason

Whatever, It'll still do just over 20 mph, years back we also used it to pull the neighbors bulldozer out and I've watched dad snap 4 3/8 chains at idle in 1st tryin to pull up a stump.;Sweet but yeah it's even slower than these damn idi's!:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

we're showin pictures of old tractors? let me dig around for some of the resurrections we've done. up here people toss their broken down tractors into their groves, leave em set 30-40 years, then my uncle goes and snatches em up and makes em run like a ***** ape. i remember a couple of em where we had to use a breaker bar with a 10' iron pipe on it to get the engine to free up.

Use this thread to post some pics if ya want.

Midwest_Mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive got one picture of my uncles old pullin tractor. the guy is a genius with tractors.

Midwest_Mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i cant remember when that photo was take, but it started out as "grounds for divorce" then later it was renamed "general lee" my uncle's name is lee so it was dual purpose. That was all hand painted, no decals there. I know that was before he went up in class to where he needed the roll cage though, cuz it looked a helluva lot meaner when that was on.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An Allis Chalmers! Incredible, I love the orange! We use them and Red here on the Farm

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
slapped a new IP on yesterday and it fired up first try after chargin batteries and primin the injectors, fuel is at least 3 years old to boot! Figure I'll need this when I finish my 4wd conversion...

Sure would love to find one like that. They want a fortune for old tractors around here, Ohio. Been looking for one for 3 years now.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
nice old tractor, i got a 53 Ford Jubilee that gets worked everyday. they are so stupid simple to work on its great. i even have a bucket loader to put on whenever i get around to re-habing it.

my son sure wanted me to get the loader on but its hard to find the time.

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
nice old tractor, i got a 53 Ford Jubilee that gets worked everyday. they are so stupid simple to work on its great. i even have a bucket loader to put on whenever i get around to re-habing it.

my son sure wanted me to get the loader on but its hard to find the time.

If your kid is anything like I was as a little kid he see's it as a bigass tonka toy:rotflmao:rotflmao

Since yall seem to like it I made a vid of startin it up, I started doin dirt work to fill some low spots yesterday till I busted a steering hydraulic ram... ahh the joys of old equipment!

http://s716.photobucket.com/albums/ww167/oldblue05/?action=view&current=P1000316.mp4

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found a couple of tractors yesterday I'd like to go look at. Left a message for one guy to call back. At 7:00AM today my cell phone was ringing, reached over trying to shut the alarm clock off, what the heck I didn't set the alarm. Must have been a farmer, they getup with the chickens. :rotflmao :D